Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Banned
777 Posts
Let's hope you find a gas station within that 1.5 miles. :laugh:

Fuel injected bikes like the CBR have a fuel gauge which tells you that it's time to think about making a fuel stop, long before you're actually out of fuel. From when the last bar on the fuel gauge starts flashing, there is at least 40 to 50 miles of usable fuel remaining... I'd say that is far more of a "luxury" than a measly mile and a half worth of fuel in your inline filter and carb bowl.
Well,
Then there's always reserve. On the Rebel I've dared to go 35 miles on reserve, but not more.

· Premium Member
3,014 Posts
Well,
Then there's always reserve. On the Rebel I've dared to go 35 miles on reserve, but not more.
This might be meaningful info on the Rebel forums... it has no relevancy here in this thread.

· Registered
1 Posts
Been through this with my cars as well, but haven't tried coming to the point where the single bar starts to flash. Was curious as to what starts flashing and as to what the signs look like.

Off-topic: Don't know how true this is but I've heard that testing with low fuel can put strain on the fuel pump. :confused:
The final fuel bar starts to blink. That's the flash there talking about.

· Registered
31 Posts
I just ran out of gas today on the 405S. My usual gas stop errored on my card and the next gas stop right next to the freeway was closed. I had 195 miles on the trip meter and figured I could make it 30 miles to work. Bike started cutting out at wide open throttle on the fwy. Made it to an exit and only pushed it about a block. I was able to go about a mile with the bike not completely stalled out of gas, just cutting out. Filled up 3.0 gallons and had 217 miles on the trip meter.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts