Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We could be on the verge of a small displacement inline 4 renaissance. Kawasaki seems to be interested in bringing back the screaming straight 4...

This is supposedly their new 250cc I4, wouldn't it be sweet to have a 16,000 RPM red line say from a little 4 cylinder, like the OLD JDM CBR250RR ;) well actually because we're talking kawasaki more like the ZXR250, and in fact the rumor is that they are building a small scale ZX-6R in a small package, Return of the ZXR250 or ZX2R

·
Registered
203 Posts
Do you think that other brands will wait to see how this bike does first, or do you think that they might already have some I4 bikes in the works?

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I don't see it happening... 250 cc inline four cylinder sport bikes had their day back in the '80's and '90's. Today, it would cost just as much to manufacture a 250 cc I4 as it does to build a CBR600RR... who would be willing to pay $12,000 (or more) for one, when the same amount of money will buy a 600 SS?

For that reason alone, you'll likely never see a 250 cc inline four offered for sale in the U.S.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't see it happening... 250 cc inline four cylinder sport bikes had their day back in the '80's and '90's. Today, it would cost just as much to manufacture a 250 cc I4 as it does to build a CBR600RR... who would be willing to pay $12,000 (or more) for one, when the same amount of money will buy a 600 SS?

For that reason alone, you'll likely never see a 250 cc inline four offered for sale in the U.S.
Its fake...

Kawasaki Head Comp Cylinder 11008 0095 ZX600 Ninja ZX 6R 2007 2008 | eBay

But there could be a market in SE asia where they are displacemnt restriced by tax. So its would be a handy way to leverage more. CBR600RR pricing or around so yet minus the 140% tax they end up being subjected to in most SE asian markets...

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Its fake...
Leave it to the moronic Asian moto bloggers/press to manufacture a BS story using a stock photo from an e-bay listing. :rolleyes: I'm sure these rumor mill articles had more than a few of the Asian johnny 'wannabe' racers spooging in their pants over the idea of a 250 cc I-4... after all if it's on the internet, it must be true.

Reactions: Ortega

·
Registered
707 Posts
Leave it to the moronic Asian moto bloggers/press to manufacture a BS story using a stock photo from an e-bay listing. :rolleyes: I'm sure these rumor mill articles had more than a few of the Asian johnny 'wannabe' racers spooging in their pants over the idea of a 250 cc I-4... after all if it's on the internet, it must be true.
well said.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts