Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2015 cbr300r has 4,000 miles and has done this three times so far I have shifted gears and let off the clutch to go and it just revs for a couple seconds then takes off I'm not sure what the problem is I have a feeling the clutch isnt disengaging and enganging properly because it likes to stick in nuetral and I have to let go of the clutch then pull it back in to get out of nuetral

·
Registered
326 Posts
First thing that pops to mind is the clutch cable-worn- kinked- dry or no play

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Very well could be I know Ive kept a pretty tight schedule on matianing it fluids chains lubes etc but I did buy it used but the prevouis owner gave me a book of reciepts for everything ever done to it so it was maintained well would there be a common area to look to check to couch cable or should I just take it off and look over
the whole cable

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
Possibly your clutch plates are sticking together. Has this bike been sitting for an extended period of time?

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
It was sitting in a garage for a while as far as I know
Could be the trapped oil between the plates has got a bit adhesive like in storage and there's now a sticky residue on the plates. It may come right with use or you may need to pull your plates out and clean them which is not a super technical job if you have tools and are handy enough. Somewhere on this forum are a whole series of really good vids made by member @lightningfrog27 on how to pull your motor apart.

Like Motorboy said though, eliminate any cable/perch/lever issues first.

Reactions: airhead83
1 - 7 of 7 Posts