Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 215 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Feel free to add your ride reports here, previously I've been putting mine in the 'what did you do to your CBR300 today" thread which seems a bit out of place.

Anyways it was another great late summer weekend here so i headed off on the bike over into the neighboring province on a 500 mile excursion.
Firstly i called on my parents for a night then the next day I carried on further afield and up along the edge of Lake Wakatipu to visit an old friend who lives at the head of it.
Great twisties, some of the best in the province, nice and wide with good chip. Had a blast. :D Good lake views too.
Unfortunately the last 6 miles to my friends place is gravel. :serious:
It handles it OK but i don't particularly enjoy it.
Got to do the twisties again on the way home tho, yee ha!
A few snaps taken along the way:

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
top pics kiwi.

I only took the phone today but here are a couple for the Canadians enjoying the end of winter

Top of the gillies just as the farm land turns to scrub

Then this arvo i went up to Ellis beach for a late counter lunch and couple cheeky stubbies with some friends, this was the view from my table

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Wonderful pics guys..beautiful... Treve82...the bottom pic..what is that black bike (parallel twin?) on the left?

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Thanks...Never heard of them...but it looks cool...made where??? China?

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
very slow bike on anything remotely straight, but still had to wait for the lady on the R6 a few times
Did she keep stopping to do makeup and hair? :)

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Did she keep stopping to do makeup and hair? :)
Lets not go down the sexist road even if it is a joke. It's so old school and potentially insulting to our female members.

It would be good to present ourselves as a switched on bunch of enlightened modern day thinkers.

Not pickin on you dsimmo, I've been pretty close to the wind myself at times with my humor, it's just a good opportunity to bring it up. :)

Reactions: Treve82

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Late breakfast stop on today's ride, about a 210k loop of the tablelands today. the last stretch was down to 4 bikes including me.
That's great you have a bunch of guys and gals to do regular rides with.
I've been past that pub but not in it. Used to work for a Dairy farmer near Millaa Millaa about 25 years ago when i was a fresh faced foot peg scraper.
Great riding to be had on and around the Tablelands and a bit cooler up there too.

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not sure if the Ride thread is trail bike friendly or not (let me know if you'd rather it CB/R300 rides only) but my ride for the day was dirt based and good fun.

One of my work colleagues has just bought a '99 model XR200 (white one) that's in reasonable shape so after a quick change of some leaking fork seals this morning we headed out on one of my fave rides to give it a work out.
A good mix of challenging narrow track with a few big boulders and deep water holes thrown in to keep you on your toes or should that be foot pegs.
The little 200 went well, ample power for this sort of gnarly terrain, let down only by too soft suspension and crappy drum brakes compared to my 250.
Fortunately he was bought up on a farm and has good riding skills so we were able to keep the pace up and have some fun, as the smile on my face suggests. :D

Attachments

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Lets not go down the sexist road even if it is a joke. It's so old school and potentially insulting to our female members.

It would be good to present ourselves as a switched on bunch of enlightened modern day thinkers.

Not pickin on you dsimmo, I've been pretty close to the wind myself at times with my humor, it's just a good opportunity to bring it up. :)
Sorry no sence of humour, our lady riders in my mc club love a bit of banter and give as good as they get.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
very slow bike on anything remotely straight, but still had to wait for the lady on the R6 a few times
Perhaps she is new to motorcycling?? Maybe you could have offered her your 300 and you could have tried the R6..who knows maybe a trade in the future???;)

·
Banned
1,070 Posts

We are all equal.:)

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Organised trail ride event

I did my first organised trail ride yst with a couple of riding buddies. One of the local schools in my area marked a track through farm land and the foot hills of a local mountain range as a fund raiser event.
Unfortunately we got two days of rain preceding the event which made it very greasy and challenging. I lost count of how many times I ditched my bike and I'm sitting here typing this with some very sore and tired muscles but no broken bones!

To be fair to the organisers they did have a variety of loops to ride but the senior loop which I did was more like a full on enduro than a trail ride :laugh:

It would be fair to say I was humbled by some of the younger riders who had the skills and nerve to hit the steep stuff with enough pace to use their momentum to get them up.
I'm thinking I might stick to competitive sealed circuit racing, more my forte.

Great to see lots of kids taking part as this is the future of motorcycling.
I'll tack a few pics on I flogged from the organisers facebook page.

Enduro Vehicle Motorcycling Motorcycle Motorcycle racing

Grassland Land lot Plain Pasture Rural area

Motocross Enduro Vehicle Motorcycle racing Motorcycle

Plain Grassland Natural environment Natural landscape Land lot

Recreation Grass Vehicle Enduro Games

Mountainous landforms Highland Hill Grassland Mountain

Reactions: Treve82

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
God Al....that must have been an awful high jump to be able to get pic # 4..:) Well done!

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 20 of 215 Posts