Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has any one found a set of rider foot pegs to replace the stock rubber ones? I did a search and the closest I found was someone talking about cbr600rr pegs. I would prefer direct replacement over fabrication. looking for a set that has the nice raised / spiked pegs. the Yamaha R3 comes with them stock, rider and passenger. in the very hot summer the rubber gets squishy and soft. I have been googling and really haven't found anything yet, bummer.

thanks

kool-aide

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are the CBR600RR ones that a few of us have put on, I find them spikey enough, have had them on for about 4000miles now and love em.
At $10 a pop you really haven't got much to lose!

Front Bracket Footrest Footpeg Left Right Honda CBR600RR 03 12 CBR1000RR 04 12 | eBay

View attachment 4209
nice, anything need to install? I thought I read someone needed washers to fill a small gap or space them. what else should I plan for in the install?

thanks, and thank you for the photo.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
No washers required, you will probably have to file a a small amount off the inside edge of the peg where it contacts the frame until they sit level. Must be a small difference between the 300 and the 600 in frame clearance. Don't be put off by this as its a 10 minute easy job and allows you to get the pegs to sit at any slight angle you may want or dead level dependinmg on preference.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No washers required, you will probably have to file a a small amount off the inside edge of the peg where it contacts the frame until they sit level. Must be a small difference between the 300 and the 600 in frame clearance. Don't be put off by this as its a 10 minute easy job and allows you to get the pegs to sit at any slight angle you may want or dead level dependinmg on preference.
oh no worries. I have done some pretty crazy things with my yamahas. a little light filing is nothing. I was just hoping for oem fit, but this sounds pretty darn close, and not a bad price. thanks for the help.

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
7 Posts
These are the CBR600RR ones that a few of us have put on, I find them spikey enough, have had them on for about 4000miles now and love em.
At $10 a pop you really haven't got much to lose!

Front Bracket Footrest Footpeg Left Right Honda CBR600RR 03 12 CBR1000RR 04 12 | eBay

View attachment 4209
Another solution to the stock foot pegs being too mushy? squooshy? flexible? (there's got to be a word for what they are) is to replace the rubber pads with rubber pads from a CBR250R. It's a simple two-bolts-per-peg unbolt/bolt process (take out the pads plus the rubber gaskets under them, which contributes to the flex) and mount the replacement pads. The CBR250R pads are much firmer and greatly improve contact with the pegs. I got the pads from an old CBR250R my mechanic had in the back of the shop, but one could get the entire CBR250R pegs on eBay for less than $10 and simply swap the pads.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I am also looking for some new foot pegs. Have my eye on some red spikey billet style ones. They say universal but ehh. I have no problem filing a lil here and there either, but I'm more concerned with the widths of the opening. Has anyone found direct replacements yet?

I love the fact this bike is brand new in the U.S. but at the same time aftermarket parts are scarce and I've had some issues with 250r parts that were said to be 'compatible'

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Has anyone found direct replacements yet?
The ones I mentioned earlier are pretty darn close. The width for the opening and the pin diameter etc is bang on. Its just the 'stop' on the inside that is too big and stops them sitting level as they designed for 600RR.
Five mins with a file on a part of the peg that's hidden from view and yer good to go. :)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi
I went a slightly different way with the horrible soft pegs, they always felt like they were rolling under my feet and my boots kept catching on them, I removed the rubber and packed it with a stiff foam in the space then put thin rubber strips under the gasket in the gaps. Now it s a lot more firmer and still soaks up vibration, much better.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Okies there on, looks like I gained about 3/4 of an inch in length, I hope they dont fracture and fail, never tried this foreign stuff before, but they look good, see how it goes.
Kiwi did you drill your brake pedal yourselves?

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
Okies there on, looks like I gained about 3/4 of an inch in length, I hope they dont fracture and fail, never tried this foreign stuff before, but they look good, see how it goes.
Kiwi did you drill your brake pedal yourselves?
Yeah one wet day I removed my brake pedal and gear lever and drilled them at work in the drill press then repainted them. I no longer have those steel items on my bike now as I've got aluminium rear sets.
Even I would admit that it wasn't worth the effort for the weight loss gains but it kinda looked a bit trick... maybe :D

·
Registered
11 Posts
"Free" pegs...

Tried to post this a few days ago, but it was during the odd website interface period...

Learned this on another forum, for a different bike, but the results are the same.

Removed the rubber tops, used a triangle file, and got a set of different, "free" foot pegs. Simple, cheap, and reversible if wanted.

Not saying better than replacement pegs. Saying "free"! YMMV...

Ride safe.

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts