Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the risk of repeating a thread, could I please ask if you would be prepared to give me a little time and help me get a handle on the sort of people that are buying the CBR range either the R or the F.

Firstly by stating an age range.

Full licence or graded.

The model R or F

The reason you bought it.

What sort of use you are giving it E.G. commute/pleasure or both.

Thanks in advance for your help.:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
fifty twenty two; full; F; light weight, easy to load/unload; just for fun, however, am having hard time getting it to fit my 72YO body???

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Firstly by stating an age range: 29 years old.

Full licence or graded: I have taken and passed the Motorcycle Safety Course and have my Motorcycle License (will take the Advanced Safety Course down the line as well).

The model R or F: R

The reason you bought it: Wanted to try something different in life (motorcycling), and did not want to waste myself financially on an extra car. This was a wise bike to acquire and hang on to with its benefits and enjoyment.

What sort of use you are giving it E.G. commute/pleasure or both: Both, commute for work and also pleasure.

Reactions: autopilot

·
Registered
130 Posts
My wife bought a bike. It's her bike, but she lets me ride it (I don't have a bike.) Her numbers will be first, mine second.

Firstly by stating an age range.34/34

Full licence or graded. No/Yes (17 years now)

The model R or F (F)

The reason you bought it. Size, cost and riding position. We bought a Honda because one family member or another has been riding Honda on my side for the last 50 years.

What sort of use you are giving it E.G. commute/pleasure or both. Both. More pleasure, about 1000km a month

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Let's see...

Age...58.5

full licence @ age 21 ( took safety course at that time)

Model..plan on buying "R"

Am buying it because...
Dealer is pretty well across my street..read lots of reviews + like what I have read. Took one out for "Come Ride with Us Event" impressed with the Wee Beer. I found it a bit buzzzzzy though. Love love love the styling looks much better IMHO than the CBR 250 R. Gas mileage is supposed to be great. I love small light weight motorcycles. Maintenance seems a breeze. Plan on day trips to visit relatives who are 1.5 hours away.:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
Firstly by stating an age range: 29 this month

Full licence or graded: Full license with a MSF course completion

The model R or F: R

The reason you bought it: size and price

What sort of use you are giving it E.G. commute/pleasure or both: I ride it whenever I can avoid driving the car, typically for commuting, but also longer rides with other friends

·
Registered
96 Posts
- got a motorcycle endorcement in 1973 so consider Full
- F
- sold a Suzuki 250 single & replaced it with a Honda 300 single, plus the 300F has a little taller first gear & it has six gears, alloy wheels, disk brakes front & rear, fully digital dash, price was great, weight is 348 pounds, naked streetfighter bike, it's an easy no fuss ride, Honda & I go back a long way
- pleasure, I like to keep a small displacement bike around helps keep me grounded, it's a lot of fun to ride a bike & consistenly use 80% of the bikes potential every time I ride it

ride safe

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Devlin....There is something to be said for riding a small bike and using 80% up to 100% of the available power......it's fun fun fun!:laugh:

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
59 years old. Bought the 3R because I was looking for a lightweight bike after many years riding big bikes but had got to the point where arthritis made pushing a big bike around a problem. I might have bought the F had the price been the same, but the R was on special and (if I recall) AUD1500 cheaper.

Mine is strictly a toy that gets little road use. It's primary function is to sit in the garage so that I can still legitimately claim to be a 'biker', while cheap enough that it doesn't bug the crap out of me for spending serious money on something I don't use. I'll probably polish it more often than ride it.

If I manage the occasional ride when time, weather (not raining or too hot) and good health coincide, I'll be happy.

·
Registered
447 Posts
70 years old, have the motorcycle endorsement, like the light weight and low seat ht. along with low cost, simplicity, high fuel mileage, and upright riding position of my F. It complements my other bikes.

·
Registered
38 Posts
70 years young! been riding for 52 years.
have had 158 motorcycles, love anything with 2 wheels and a motor!
chose a cb300f for the size and the single cylinder.
would like more time to ride the thing!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
At the risk of repeating a thread, could I please ask if you would be prepared to give me a little time and help me get a handle on the sort of people that are buying the CBR range either the R or the F.

Firstly by stating an age range. 34

Full licence or graded. Full (MSF certified)

The model R or F R

The reason you bought it. Beginner riding and as introduction to the 2 wheel addiction!

What sort of use you are giving it E.G. commute/pleasure or both. Pleasure. And some commute.

Thanks in advance for your help.:)
You're welcome...!

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
67 [first bike 16], full license, RA, bought new to replace stolen cbr250r
'black beauty' of 3 yrs reliable pleasurable daily riding..

also 4 previous high mile, only transport/lifestyle road hondas
[cb72, cb450, cb750k2 @ k6].. thus on re-entry after a break
decided on cbr250r after checking engine schematics [etc]..

cbr300ra being virtually the same motorcycle model changes..
checked other motorcycles but honda owned top of my list..

aside from years raising 5 children, motorcycle has been only
transport and lifestyle, used/preferred for everything..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts