Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone knows if there are potential issues with this. I took off all the fairings, headlight, dash, and gauge cluster to work on my projector beams. Something came up and I need to take a quick ride with my bike though and definitely don't feel like putting the whole thing back together for a 5 min trip.

So is the gauge cluster just a simple readout? Like a 1 way from the ECU to Gauges, or is there any kind of feedback from the gauges back to the ECU?

·
Super Moderator
2,999 Posts
Yeah, as I recall the engine will not run with out instrument cluster plugged into the main harness, or in it's place some 'hot wire' jumpers.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I ordered a Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projector kit from theretrofitsource that I haven't had a chance to install yet. Please gives us your thoughts/tips on the install. I was able to retro fit my car with them in the past so I'm at least familiar with the process. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ordered a Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projector kit from theretrofitsource that I haven't had a chance to install yet. Please gives us your thoughts/tips on the install. I was able to retro fit my car with them in the past so I'm at least familiar with the process. Thanks!
I have morimoto's as well. I've had them laying around for months, I've been slowly buying all the parts I need. As long as everything is ripped apart I got a new front fairing, Puig windscreen, a couple led lighted push button switches that I'm gonna install on the dash, and some white side emitting led lights to go around the inside frame of each headlight. It's taken quite a while to get all the parts and plan all the electrical wiring for it. I already had just the morimoto hid bulbs installed. I glued red devil eyes in with a white ccfl halo. Gonna spray the chrome inside flat black

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have morimoto's as well. I've had them laying around for months, I've been slowly buying all the parts I need. As long as everything is ripped apart I got a new front fairing, Puig windscreen, a couple led lighted push button switches that I'm gonna install on the dash, and some white side emitting led lights to go around the inside frame of each headlight. It's taken quite a while to get all the parts and plan all the electrical wiring for it. I already had just the morimoto hid bulbs installed. I glued red devil eyes in with a white ccfl halo. Gonna spray the chrome inside flat black
Awesome! Where did you hide the igniter and ballast? Did you run he harness on the left or right side?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts