Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On the CBR 300 R 's that are sold else where other than North America...above each headlight there is a small auxiliary light.

I am guessing that probably every CBR 300 R sold has the same wiring harness whether it is going to North America or Tim Buck To. So I am wondering if some of you owners from other parts of the Globe that have these 'running lights" above each headlight some how find the part numbers on your bike and hopefully post them so that I (we) here can have the same working lights... Thank you.

·
Registered
71 Posts
On the CBR 300 R 's that are sold else where other than North America...above each headlight there is a small auxiliary light.

I am guessing that probably every CBR 300 R sold has the same wiring harness whether it is going to North America or Tim Buck To. So I am wondering if some of you owners from other parts of the Globe that have these 'running lights" above each headlight some how find the part numbers on your bike and hopefully post them so that I (we) here can have the same working lights... Thank you.
The sockets for those lights do not exist on my USA model 300r. The reflector housings are still there so I was able to glue in some LEDs when I had the headlight baked apart.

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
I just went out to my bike and had a quick look Laurie. There are cut outs in the inside of the fairing that let you see in there a little but not enough access to get the lights out and look for numbers etc.
I don't really want to spend my Sunday tearing my fairing apart I'm afraid! :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks..but I was thinking of any other owners (other than in N.America) could find out from their parts dealer OR perhaps a online European exploded parts list?? Just wondering..

·
Registered
401 Posts
Hi
I don't have a parts list, just my manual I can post an image of that if u want, the side lights are held in by a rubber bung type holder.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Thanks..but I was thinking of any other owners (other than in N.America) could find out from their parts dealer OR perhaps a online European exploded parts list?? Just wondering..
The added problem I think you'll find is that Canadian (and U.S.) Honda dealers won't have those P/N's available in their parts order systems, so you'd end up having to order them through a Honda dealer in another country... so even if the parts themselves are reasonably priced, shipping and customs may get expensive.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I have also looked into this quite extensively. Including taking the dash out. The 300's sold in the States do not have the lights and the hole has a permanent plug in it. I did not want to fool around with the plug in fear of dirt or humidity getting inside my headlights. Instead I decided to put gloss black vinyl over that part on the outside. Btw my windscreen is also gloss black vinyl and some vinyl car door trim around the top of the windscreen to smooth it out.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It was the same with the CBR 250 R...we did not get those lights either. It must be a D.O.T. (legal) thing.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
It was the same with the CBR 250 R...we did not get those lights either. It must be a D.O.T. (legal) thing.
Actually, the CBR250R's imported to the U.S. have two small lights on either side of the headlight. They are called "Position Lights"... the wiring sub-harness is shown as ref# 4 here: Honda Motorcycle Parts 2012 CBR250R 3AC HEADLIGHT Diagram

If you're intent on adding these lights to your 300R, I'm thinking you could probably make this sub-harness from the 250R work, although it may not be a plug and play install. It may require some individual wire splicing to make it work if the 300R's main wiring harness doesn't have the corresponding connector to plug the sub-harness into. That said, I'm thinking that it's possible that the connector for the Position Light sub-harness is already there on your bike's main harness.

The other issue would be fitting the bulb sockets into your headlight housing. Comparing the parts diagram of the European 300R PL sub-harness in the link you posted to the PL sub-harness of the 250R, the bulb sockets appear to be slightly different, although both bikes do use the same P/N for the bulbs.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
In hindsight it would probably be far easier just to get 2 small L.E.D. lights (they require very little current) and attach the leads to a switch able connector. Either have them on all the time with low beam (automatically) or a separate on/off switch. I suppose silicone could used around the base of the bulb to seal out the water.

BTW Thanks Mike I did not know that about the 250 R.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
In hindsight it would probably be far easier just to get 2 small L.E.D. lights (they require very little current) and attach the leads to a switch able connector. Either have them on all the time with low beam (automatically) or a separate on/off switch. I suppose silicone could used around the base of the bulb to seal out the water.

BTW Thanks Mike I did not know that about the 250 R.
That's exactly what I do. Led lights are extremely cheap and easy to install. I have quite alot of led's on mine.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 30 Posts