Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I start the month with getting my recall done on the first. Along with the dealer selling me a new road winner rear tire which I knew I needed. But the service advisor promptly kept telling me Pirelli does not make tire for the 300s/250s which is a lie they just don't sell them in the dealer. On the same day I plastidippes my bike orange with a golden pearl from kp pigments (will post the few shots I took later)
The 4th was my birthday had a fun ride around downtown dallas with a mixed variety of bikes. then things go downhill

The day after at a car meet I had a bikini model take photos on my bike and during her first pose she tipped it over only scratches on the back of the mirror and knocking it loose.
On the 8th the most unlucky thing happened on a way to a weekly bike meet. A car cuts me off they were entering onto the freeway. I was going 50mph and had no room to swerve either side. and I tried to brake but couldn't stop fast enough as they were stopping fast too trying to force a merger. So I hit the back of them get tossed over my handle bars. land helmet first. get up quick dizzy and skip to the emergency lane. The car I hit does not stop. I didn't have insurance( really dumb of me) so I cant claim a hit and run. No one stops except two bikers who saw me from several car lengths back. Injuries are minimal really sore and only small scrapes. and bike damage has not been fully examined yet but doesn't seem like a total loss just damage to plastics, exhaust and rear brake pedal/rearset.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
On a positive note, you're still alive to tell the tale.

Reactions: Larry Woods

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
... But, but - did that bikini model make it up to you?

Meaning, did she tip over for you in return? :kiss:

* This would've saved your entire day, lol.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Bugger. If only you had been using a GoPro or similar. Will your insurance cover it?

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
That's a bummer, those A holes shoulda done the right thing and stopped. Like the bikers did. Glad there's still some decent human beings out there.
Hope your repair bill isn't too bad. I don't have full insurance either, never have on any of my bikes. Just third party.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
All jokes aside, glad you're alive and recovering.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The bikini pics aren't loading for me, any chance on re uploading them? ;)

Sucks about the hit and run. Glad you're alright. Bike can be fixed!
PM sent, lol... :laugh: ;)

·
Registered
401 Posts
Sorry to hear that m8, the bike will fix up and your OK, a camera is my next purchase at xmas hopefully.
To many half asleep idiots on the road.

Mark

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Your bike looks like Halloween. I'm not a fan of the color orange, but it doesn't look bad at all on the 300F.

As far as the hit and run goes, that sucks and I'm sorry. There are a lot of terrible people in the world without any decency at all. When I hear about stuff like this happening, I have to wonder if there are just a lot of people on the road who can't risk stopping either because they have a warrant out on them, they are driving w/o a license, or there is something else on them.

Or, it could be that they just know that they are going to get the blame and have to pay for it, and saving their own arse is worth to them than you are.

·
Registered
447 Posts
If the driver didn't stop, there's a good chance they didn't have insurance either. My daughter was involved in a fender bender...$2500 worth of damage. The other driver didn't stop but she got the lic. number. Our ins. co. saw the other driver wasn't insured so they paid the claim (uninsured motorist is part of liability), then sued her. She said she couldn't pay, so the car was eventually confiscated, sold at auction and the ins. company got their money back. We also got our $250 deductible back. I learned the driver was also arrested for not carrying insurance and may go to jail. Moral of story. You must carry insurance, even if it is only liability or a simple accident can snowball into an avalanche.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts