Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My buddy just dropped off some cortech saddlebags - barely used! I am wondering if anyone has any experience with saddlebags with this model (CBR300R). Specifically, the sharp "wings" are sticking out and the bags will be rubbing on it. See pic. Any advice? Just do it or do you guys think a soft cloth will minimize the damage? tailbags.jpg

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even with the neoprene backing, you will get light scuffing if the bike is at all dirty. If you will only occasionally use them, I have put painters tape on the plastics before so the bags will ride on that. I did it on both my trips last year on my FZ-09 and before that on my SV1000S. Works great. But this year, I'm gonna get 3M clear film covering the bikes.

You can see the red painters tape in this photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
When I strap my sports bag on the back of my back I use a stretchy net that rubs on the 'wings'. For this reason I use a soft towel doubled over under the bag and net to protect the paint. Seems to work. Gotta look after the re-sale value eh!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not so much resale value as keeping it as shiny as possible. I swear my bike is faster when it's clean and shiny. Ok soft cloth as a temporary solution or clear 3M tape, thanks.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can you send a photo of what the saddle bags look like from a distance. Will they interfere with the signals if you have done a fender eliminator? Thanks!

·
Registered
282 Posts
When I strap my sports bag on the back of my back I use a stretchy net that rubs on the 'wings'. For this reason I use a soft towel doubled over under the bag and net to protect the paint. Seems to work. Gotta look after the re-sale value eh!

Cool as Neda! The towel works great, just make sure it is clean or turn it around so any road grime is away from the paint!

OBTW have you considered a change of name? Neda916 to Gota300cbr.
Ducatti BAD! Honda GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel::angel:

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Ducatti BAD! Honda GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angel::angel:
Ducati bad huh?? :mad::mad: steady on, not all of us on this site are wholely loyal to Mr Honda and the land of the rising sun! :laugh:;)

Pray tell old chap did you not read in the Telegraph just two days back about the dominance of the Britons at Lugana Seca on the weekend?
Both races won by yer man Chas Davies. Oh and what was he riding?

Why a DUCATI of course!! Tee hee :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
I was being cheeky. I hate when people can't even spell properly. I'm more than aware of what a 916 is.

And yeah, aspiring to a Duck as opposed to a CBR300 isn't too crazy.
I kind of figured you were being sarcastic lol

·
Registered
419 Posts
Sporry abut the tryping errots, I av dislexia Oh and turrets Sh^T,F35k Ar5e boll0x:devil:

Typical. Whatever makes you feel better about not being able to spell one of the most iconic motorcycle brand names out there.

O, and you need to use more exclamation marks in your posts, the 25 you used last time wasn't sufficient. You should watch a Seinfeld episode to learn how to use it properly.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Typical. Whatever makes you feel better about not being able to spell one of the most iconic motorcycle brand names out there.

O, and you need to use more exclamation marks in your posts, the 25 you used last time wasn't sufficient. You should watch a Seinfeld episode to learn how to use it properly.
Peace and love brother, peace and love!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!XXXXXX:kiss:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts