Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey guys, just got my cbr300r and wanted to let you guys know that you can quickly reduce the overall seat height just by removing a few pieces of rubber from the under the seat.

being a short guy myself, I wanted to give myself a bit extra ground reach. so I decided to shave the seat but to my surprise, there's a super easy way to reduce the seat height (about half a inch) without having to really do any work (except just to take off the seat).

there are 4 pieces of rubber located at the corners of the seat which just comes right off. see screens below for more info.

also, please note I take no responsibility in how removing these pieces will affect your ride :)

Bottom of seat:

rubber pieces:

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
One potential issue, is that by removing the rubber blocks the seat may not fully rest on the frame tubes, which could then cause the sides of the seat to end up resting (and rubbing) on the side panels.

I thought I had read somewhere that Honda has (or will have) an optional height seat available for the 300R.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
One potential issue, is that by removing the rubber blocks the seat may not fully rest on the frame tubes, which could then cause the sides of the seat to end up resting (and rubbing) on the side panels.

I thought I had read somewhere that Honda has (or will have) an optional height seat available for the 300R.

Ah, yes, after further looking into it, there is def some press on the side panels without the rubber pieces. Also, I noticed that removing the back pieces (rectangular pieces) doesn't actually make much of a difference (if any). Removing the front pieces does make a difference, but more like 1/4 of inch or even less.

And unfortunately, it doesnt look like Honda is selling accessories specific to the 300 yet (at least not in the states anyway). I just couldn't wait. I'm located in NYC so I need to be able to reverse quickly over potholes in tight areas all the time.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
just curious how short are you because i am fairly short as well so i would like to know if i should op for a lower seat when i decide to get mine.
I'm a whoppin 5 foot 3 inches with a 28in inseam.

if you can put both balls of your feet down, then I think you are good to go. if you can ball one foot and kinda tippy toe the other one (me, after I shaved about an inch off my seat), you can be still be fine, but you have to be aware of inclines and dips in the road. and forget about reversing if you can't ball two feet. if you live in an area like me where there is constant traffic and its very frowned upon if you can't get in and out tight spots quickly, then I highly recommend good planting (balls of both feet down firmly) so you can reverse easily without having to get off the bike (even on inclines and ditches).

fyi, the lowered Honda accessory seat is not available in the states yet, at least as far as I know. Honda's website doesn't list any accessories for the cbr300r and the dealer I bought my bike says he has no information on it at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts