Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone done any thing to the seat like changing it- if so to what or a pad like Airhawk- the seat is the last thing to complete this bike

·
Registered
28 Posts
I added an Airhawk-like inflatable pad (a no-name copy). Took a while to get used to it, but once the proper level of inflation is achieved (and it's minimal) it gives a significant comfort boost. And in hot weather, a wooden bead seat cover not only helps with numb-butt but provides enhanced air circulation that does away with sweaty- saddle syndrome.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that is the only whole seat I have found- I had one on a BMW it was OK but not worth the money and it did not fit well- I e mailed Airhawak for their opinion on which size they said the dualsport would fit the best-I first though the seats from the 250&300 would be the same seems not different part numbers- I'll have to dig a little more- it's winter what else is there to do

·
Registered
417 Posts
I find the stock seat to be pretty comfortable. I took a long 3 hour drive (each way) with a riding group on MeetUp and at the end I was sore on my arms, elbows, knees and legs. But my butt did not experience any discomfort.

I was the only 300cc bike and the rest where all big cruisers but I kept up with them no problem. I think I earned their respect as well because when I first showed up they where amused to see such a little bike (and a non-cruiser bike) but at the end of the ride they where all asking me questions about the bike and they cant believe the CB300F can hang with them and they had to refuel 3 times the entire ride and I only had to refuel once (at the 50% mark).

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I agree with finding the seat itself fairly comfortable... But I tend to slip forward on it (a little too narrow?) and pants can get scrunched up in the crotch area. :eek:
funny you should mention pants I couldn't figure out why after these months the seat got worse I have been wearing stretch jeans for the last few months never connected the dots -yesterday jumped on the bike for a little 35 mile ride with regular jeans-- no slide--go figure it was the jeans--- I still would like to pick up a Corbin seat

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have solved my seat problem after I got off the phone with Corbin and was told the seat would be close to $500 to my door and no returns-I said there has to be away- the biggest thing I didn't like about it was the forward slope- than I remembered about a seat mod I did on a Honda NC700X I had back in 2012 to raise the front of the seat got the mod off the NC700X forum after a little trial and error bingo seat is flat front raised 18mm and the proof with any mod is can you see it- according to a friend that knows the bike I said can you tell anything diffence around the seat area answer NO I had to point out what I did- I'll say one thing about this little bike all the mods I have done have all gone well bike is very adaptable

·
Registered
131 Posts
I have solved my seat problem after I got off the phone with Corbin and was told the seat would be close to $500 to my door and no returns-I said there has to be away- the biggest thing I didn't like about it was the forward slope- than I remembered about a seat mod I did on a Honda NC700X I had back in 2012 to raise the front of the seat got the mod off the NC700X forum after a little trial and error bingo seat is flat front raised 18mm and the proof with any mod is can you see it- according to a friend that knows the bike I said can you tell anything diffence around the seat area answer NO I had to point out what I did- I'll say one thing about this little bike all the mods I have done have all gone well bike is very adaptable
Don't know why that sloping forward thing is so common. It was horrible on my '89 Hawk GT when I first got it. My wrists got tired just trying to stay put, and it was unbearable when braking hard. After attacking it with my sophisticated upholstery tool (electric carving knife) and adding some bits of foam I managed to put together a new cover as well. That bike became as comfortable as any bike I have owned.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I ride the mountains of Western North Carolina (Appalachia) and my shortest commute into town is about one hour each way, on tight twisty paved roads with lots of hard braking on steep downhills. That slopping forward seat thing takes the fun out of it after a little while. I have tried just about all available seat pads to no avail. I finally re-engineered the front attachment point of the seat and the two resting rubber posts to be adjustable. I’ve found that for me, a 1-3/8-inch rise at the front of the seat achieved the most comfortable position, avoiding the forward slide altogether.

I now enjoy rides that are only limited by having to stop for fuel. Taking the 9-hour / 260 mile ride from Asheville, NC to Roanoke, VA (on the Blue Ridge Parkway) in one day, is now a comfortable proposition.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts