Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Full disclosure, very much a newbie when it comes to bikes. I'm looking at a neighbors 2016 CBR 300R that was wrecked and is completely missing the front fairings, upper cowl, instrument cluster, mirrors, etc. I don't know the mileage as the instrument cluster is missing, (the neighbor in possession of the bike is the grandfather of the person that wrecked it). Mechanically the bike is in good condition and has a clean title as well. The only thing it needs is to replace the missing parts. Regarding the replacement parts, I am considering doing a naked conversion so help save on costs. The other option that crossed my mind was if any CB300F parts were interchangeable. Could I use a CB300F upper cowl, headlight and instrument cluster on my CBR300R?

This would be my first motorcycle and I think this would be a neat bike to learn on. Although I think I might be a little on the larger side for it (6ft 200lbs). If I can grab this bike for a great price I think it would be a fun project as well as a fun introductory bike to get my foot into the door of riding. Here are some pics of the bike.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and suggestions. Thanks!

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Fuel tank Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Registered
358 Posts
It would all depend on how much you can by it for

·
Premium Member
5,545 Posts
Is that a Yoshimura pipe on there? They're worth a bit. You'd have to price up the other bits you require to make an informed call. Probably couldn't go wrong at $500

·
Registered
358 Posts
$1000 would be a fair price for both and no more than $500 should put you one the road providing there is nothing wrong with the engine

1 - 5 of 5 Posts