Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new here and new to the sport bike world! I just picked up a 2015 CBR300r and I am shopping for helmets. I have a beat up one for now. What are you guys rockin?? Lets see some of those custom crazy helmets out there so myself and others can get some inspiration!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I settled for an HJC CL-17 Mission. It's a pretty good and consistent seller for HJC and was at a reasonable price point. I could always get something more upscale, but I didn't find it necessary. I opted for a medium size and it looks the same as the image below. Just about the only two things I don't like about it: It attracts a lot of heat from the sun because of the darker color. The other reason is that it's made in China. :p

(Btw, here's another thread that may give you a bit of insight as to a couple of other helmet choices from members here: http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/helmet-chat/4193-bell-qualifier-vs-vortex.html)

*** Thread may need to be moved to "Helmet Chat" section of the forum. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Well at the moment I do not need a new helmet. Being that I am 58 years old I remember watching Motorsports on T.V. in the early 70's and at that time most helmets I saw being worn were...Bell Helmets.The 2 helmets I have are full face Bell Helmets.

My Mum was English..my Dad's family came to North America in the 1700's..from England. So I am very proud of my British Heritage. My helmet would be this...not a Bell I know but it tugs at my Heritage. My last name is Potter and yes I did have a Uncle Harry...(seriously)

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
No point in me posting a pic of my helmet as its mono bloc white. Safety first!
I do buy Shoei helmets tho, always have.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well at the moment I do not need a new helmet. Being that I am 58 years old I remember watching Motorsports on T.V. in the early 70's and at that time most helmets I saw being worn were...Bell Helmets.The 2 helmets I have are full face Bell Helmets.

My Mum was English..my Dad's family came to North America in the 1700's..from England. So I am very proud of my British Heritage. My helmet would be this...not a Bell I know but it tugs at my Heritage. My last name is Potter and yes I did have a Uncle Harry...(seriously)
that is a really cool lookin lid!! i may have to pick that one up for track day in my 1960 Ford Anglia ;) (yes, I am in California with an Anglia..lol)
No point in me posting a pic of my helmet as its mono bloc white. Safety first!
I do buy Shoei helmets tho, always have.
It seems like Bell, Shoei and HJC lead the pack....

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
that is a really cool lookin lid!! i may have to pick that one up for track day in my 1960 Ford Anglia ;) (yes, I am in California with an Anglia..lol)

It seems like Bell, Shoei and HJC lead the pack....
You have a English Ford Anglia? You lucky...lucky...man.:cool:

I am jealous as he*l..you got to post a pic sometime....drool.

·
Registered
282 Posts
I got a new HJC helmet discounted with the bike. Tri colour as per the bike. Wanted either a Guy Martin rep or Rossi AGV. but individuality won over in the end. I loved it features, pin lock visor insert, good venting, drop down sun visor, snug but comfortable fit, light. And even at full price it would have been worth it.
used to have Shoei and Arai helmets in the past but refuse to pay the exorbitant prices they want for them over here:)

Attachments

·
Registered
419 Posts
I got a new HJC helmet discounted with the bike. Tri colour as per the bike. Wanted either a Guy Martin rep or Rossi AGV. but individuality won over in the end. I loved it features, pin lock visor insert, good venting, drop down sun visor, snug but comfortable fit, light. And even at full price it would have been worth it.
used to have Shoei and Arai helmets in the past but refuse to pay the exorbitant prices they want for them over here:)

That's why I buy a "better" helmet at end of season discount price. Last helmet I got was originally 800$ with the additional visor. I paid $500 with no tax. $100 a year for an insanely comfortable helmet is worth it to me.

HJC has however come a LONG way in the quality and comfort of their helmets and I don't blame you for deciding to pay less. For me I started with an HJC and would never go back.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
HJC have definitely improved their product in the last few years and taken a lot of the market off the Japanese helmet manufacturers.
There's a lot more discounting going on these days too, pays to shop around for sure.
Shoeis are still expensive but in real terms have actually got cheaper in recent years, prob due to the stiff competition.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I have a plain old Matte Black Torc T-10 helmet. Matches my bike. I just ordered a black tinted visor for it. The clear one is too hard on the eyes in the sun. Before you ask.... I wear prescription glasses and have yet to get sunglasses to wear, thus needing the tinted visor.

Anyone have a fancy blue tooth headset compatible helmet yet? I hear those are great but way out of my price range lol

·
Registered
96 Posts
Shoei X-12 Vermuelen, it's no longer on the web site for 2015, black with yellow & silver/grey graphics, typically use a tinted visor, I like this helmet it just fits it's well balanced, light, vents well but not too noisy, probably goes better with the Bonneville black but it's not bad with the red Honda

secondary is a Shark Evo2, it's a modular, little heavier but it has a built in sun visor so has a clear visor

also like the Nexx Carbon Pure

ride safe

·
Registered
419 Posts
I have a plain old Matte Black Torc T-10 helmet. Matches my bike. I just ordered a black tinted visor for it. The clear one is too hard on the eyes in the sun. Before you ask.... I wear prescription glasses and have yet to get sunglasses to wear, thus needing the tinted visor.

Anyone have a fancy blue tooth headset compatible helmet yet? I hear those are great but way out of my price range lol

Just buy a uclear 200 helmet system. They are excellent.

Much smarter to have tinted visor BTW. Unless you have sunglasses with appropriate lens composition I wouldn't risk having a rock break them open while you are riding down the highway. Shards of plastic/glass in your eyes? Gonna have a bad time. Just like if you French Fry instead of Pizza at the ski hill (for those South Park fans out there)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts