Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent my day off going up and down Mulholland last week, practicing my cornering and just enjoying the ride. I was alone all day until a BMW r9T rolled up behind me and we both went for it. Footage is of one of the last runs I made before leaving as I was running out of fuel.

Also testing out a new GoPro mount I set up, I have it mounted to my helmet instead of tank so it makes for more exciting videos. I haven't sorted out the microphone situation yet so the video has a lot of wind noise.

Let me know what you all think! :D

http://youtu.be/3FSHqrfitXk

Bikes totally stock except for my tires(Diablo Rosso Corsa ii)

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Looks like a fun road to ride and not too much traffic to ruin it. Man you guys speed advisory signs are way conservative huh, looks like you can pretty much double them easily!
Good footage from your camera tho. Your mirrors look good but seem to give you a good view of your shoulders and not much else or is it deceiving in the clip?

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm reporting you to the California Highway Patrol!
nooooooo

Looks like a fun road to ride and not too much traffic to ruin it. Man you guys speed advisory signs are way conservative huh, looks like you can pretty much double them easily!
Good footage from your camera tho. Your mirrors look good but seem to give you a good view of your shoulders and not much else or is it deceiving in the clip?
Thanks! It's a beautiful road any day of the week, Saturday and Sunday it's a **** show! Roads full of Tour de France wannabe's, hikers, car enthusiast and other bikers, and every 3rd corner has a police cruiser hiding in the turnouts. It's not too far from the famous stretch of road called "The Snake", I'm sure you've seen the videos on YouTube.

Yeah the mirrors are garbage. They started off as Chinese bar end mirrors, I adapted them to fit the stock mirror bolts. I filter a lot during my commute and the stock mirrors stick out just enough to touch car mirrors and I've hit a few already so I swapped to these until I find something better. I have my eye on some Rizoma clones, I'll get around to it eventually. If I lift my arm up I can peak through the space under my arm pit and see behind me :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
I was ready for some crappy video of you putt-putt-ing around some back-roads. You sir can actually ride, great post. (though I sincerely doubt everyone shares my view on this forum)

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was ready for some crappy video of you putt-putt-ing around some back-roads. You sir can actually ride, great post. (though I sincerely doubt everyone shares my view on this forum)
Thanks! This is my favorite road and I spend a lot of time just riding up and down practicing this section.

Nice riding! I guess, you have no chicken strips left on your tires. :D
Thanks! I used to be so self conscious about chicken strips. I started focusing more on cornering technique and body positioning they began to disappear. Now I can feel how far I can lean, Im down to the edge of my tire and haven't scraped the foot pegs so I think I'm doing ok. I'm still a noob though.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Thanks! I used to be so self conscious about chicken strips. I started focusing more on cornering technique and body positioning they began to disappear. Now I can feel how far I can lean, Im down to the edge of my tire and haven't scraped the foot pegs so I think I'm doing ok. I'm still a noob though.
The CBR's have pretty decent ground clearance, Ive only scraped a peg a couple of times at the track, def not a regular occurrence like on some of my previous bikes.

I think the key to these posted clips is in editing them to a reasonable duration. Most folk havent the time or inclination to sit through half an hours worth of someones Sunday ride through the woods with no change of scenery let alone some peg dragging or red-lining!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts