Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I had a momentary lapse of good judgement and rode my 2017 CB300F off the sidewalk and over a curb. It was ill advised and it "broke" the side stand safety switch. In its broken state, the bike would not run when I put it in gear because it thinks the side stand is down. I was able to defeat the switch and have continued riding the bike while making sure the side stand is always up when I get ready to move.
A new switch was ordered and it came in recently. The installation seemed like it should be straightforward, but here's what I've run into...
The switch is mounted behind the side stand. That's easy. The wiring to wherever it plugs into a harness? Not so easy. The wiring disappears up into the depths of the bike, and without starting to take things apart more than I want to, it seems really complicated.

If someone else has encountered this particular scenario, I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.
Thanks in advance,
Geoffrey Greene

·
Super Moderator
5,704 Posts
Hi Geoffrey , most side stand cut outs have a quick release/snap together plug on the end of the wiring and looking on google images it appears the CB is no different. You'll just have to get a bit braver and remove a few side panels perhaps and undo a few cable ties to follow the original wires back in the harness to the point where the coupler is. It shouldn't be buried in the depths of a fully wrapped wiring loom hopefully and reasonably accessible. It's just going to take a bit of time looking and tracing. Good luck!

·
Super Moderator
418 Posts
This link is probably of no value since you already have the switch in hand. But it'll show the installation parts in case you drop something. Removal of the panels shouldn't be difficult. Just be cautious and don't force anything that may have tabs and hooks behind that slide into the adjacent pieces.
2017 Honda CB300F OEM Parts | MotoSport

1 - 3 of 3 Posts