Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to find a slip on exhaust that looks better than the stock one I'm not looking for louder as I'm fine with the way my bike sounds just dont like the size of the stock exhaust

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
Make the search box your friend ;)

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I tried that before I made a dedicated post because I couldnt seem to find the answer I was looking for

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'll give the answer as you know there are a lot of pipes out there and they all do the same thing so if you like brand names you will pay a lot more to get the same results-I have had many pipes I have one on my 300R right now paid $70 total mid pipe and muffler(Ebay) -there is a little fitting with these cheap set ups but that is half the fun I always but a second baffle ($6.50) to experiment with But there is a problem with any pipe on the 300 series-- the catalytic converter is in the muffler so any set up is going to be loud that's why I buy a second baffle to cut -drill -plug- experiment with the sound- i have had this system on my 300 about a month now and I'm just about done with the sound I think about 8-10 different tries loud but not ear shadering-they do add a little more power (seat of the pants dyno) and the bike rev's faster and the big benefit is you lose 10-11 lbs

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just a update after doing some more research turns out the catalytic converter is in my muffler so not sure how much would change with a slip on exhuast

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
Just a update after doing some more research turns out the catalytic converter is in my muffler so not sure how much would change with a slip on exhuast
Any aftermarket slip on will be louder than the stock set up. Most riders buy them for the better look or lighter weight or the louder sound or a combination of the above. I personally dont think a 268cc single cylinder engine sounds great with a loud exhaust but that's just me.
The first thing you need to decide is how much you want to spend as prices vary wildly from Chinese made to American/Japanese/English made.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I'm looking to spend at most around 300 to 400 I'm not looking for a louder exhuast just better looking I like the sound I have now

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
Yeah I'm looking to spend at most around 300 to 400 I'm not looking for a louder exhuast just better looking I like the sound I have now
This Scorpion is a little more than you want to spend but very good quality and with the dB killer fitted not much louder than stock. I had one of these on my Ninja 400 and was very pleased with it. A quality product made in England.

Reactions: CB300inGVL

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
How would a sling on affect my exhuast since I would be removing the catalytic converter would I lose noticeable power mpg need a fuel tuner etc ?

·
Premium Member
5,514 Posts
How would a sling on affect my exhuast since I would be removing the catalytic converter would I lose noticeable power mpg need a fuel tuner etc ?
The CBR seems to adapt pretty well to losing the CAT and a drop in back pressure and doesn't pop and fart around overly. For optimal performance a re-flash of your ECU or fitting a fuel controller is always best course but by no means essential. Personally on a little low HP budget bike like this I wouldnt bother. Put the money into a decent slip on instead.
I wouldnt worry about MPG's either this thing is already a fuel miser and if there's any change it will be small.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Well I quit -after trying a pipe on my 300F and now the 300R I have come to the conclusion that they are all to loud -I must have tried 20 different ways of messing with the baffle over a month long period- there is a fine line to noise and to much back pressure and losing power so that's it put the stock pipe back on-even that simple task didn't go easy -Honda loves to over torque bolts the muffler clamp was seized --bolt stretched I snapped it with a hand tool-let me repeat that I snapped an 8mm bolt with a hand tool never have I seen that in 50+years of working on bikes had to drill the clamp out and use a 45mm long 8.8 flange bolt with a nut-that will never happen again-like I said if the cat is in the muffler any pipe is going to be LOUD

1 - 11 of 11 Posts