Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took the cbr300 out for the first time this year. I have been riding my XL185 around here and there because there was a lot of loose stuff on the roads around here right now. The 300 started right up but gave a couple pops when revving the first couple times but that didn't reoccur when riding. Funny thing I forgot I was on the 300 in my stone driveway and I tired a quick 180 whip of the tail and pulled it off well enough but my foot slipped a little and I must have stretched something in the back of my leg because this morning I couldn't lift my leg over the bike so I had to take the car to work.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
At least you didn't drop the bike, that would have been a real c r a p start to the riding season. Sounds like you guys have a pretty full on winter there huh, must be frustrating at times when your itching for a decent ride.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Reminds me of how I developed a gout in my right foot last week. Painful as eff. Actually the bike was easier to ride than the car. In the car I could only drive with my left foot (using it for both the gas and braking).

Drink some milk, you'll recover with the protein. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
mate remember you have two legs..
standing on the sore leg wont stress it
as you [carefully] place the other leg,
over the seat from the opposite side..

if youve stressed or torn a hamstring or
related muscle or connective tissue
make sure you flex the knee well
when lifting it over the seat..

[whats your take on the royal enfield gt ?]

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I am alright now, the leg is working normally again. Being 43 it takes a little more time for simple injuries to pass. The immobility of Winter has made me fragile.

I am really mentally slow this spring, I was riding my RE-GT yesterday and I kept beeping the horn at people because the horn button is in the same spot of the turn signals on the CBR300. I guess it was alright because folks wave to me and give thumbs-up whenever I ride that bike, it is little being in your own personal parade sometimes.

[whats your take on the royal enfield gt ?]
The GT is best on curvy country roads to me, it has so much torque you never have to shift (I keep within the speed limits). The suspension and brakes are beautiful and once you remove the OE pipe it sounds like a big single should. One thing I should note is I ride the GT like my 67 Triumph, I keep the RPMs low and get all nostalgic riding on country roads listening to the engine, taking in the scenery. I have the CBR to push into corners and wind out in each gear.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts