Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I had my 600 mile service done a while back. When is my next service check at? I'm at around 2,500 miles and I was wondering when is my next service check up at the dealership?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Mine is at 6000 km which is 3728 miles.

Or you can look in the owners manual, should be there.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I would say follow the owners manual except in the case of oil. It says 8k miles which I think is a bad idea for only having 1.5liters when filled. I would go no more then half that. What I'm gonna do is change oil every 3k and filter every 6k. Next oil change I'm doing an oil analysis to see where it stands with 3k if ok then I'll go 4k if not then go less....but you won't truly know until an oil analysis.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I would say follow the owners manual except in the case of oil. It says 8k miles which I think is a bad idea for only having 1.5liters when filled. I would go no more then half that. What I'm gonna do is change oil every 3k and filter every 6k. Next oil change I'm doing an oil analysis to see where it stands with 3k if ok then I'll go 4k if not then go less....but you won't truly know until an oil analysis.

I agree 8000 miles is too long.

I'm going to do 4k or 6 months with full synthetic.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Agreed - oil / filter service at the 4k mile mark sounds like a good idea for the next step.

I plan to do the same with my current bike even though it states servicing at the 8k mile mark just like the 300's manual.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts