Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I'm giving it a dam good ride! Head over to my folks place tomorrow (Xmas eve) which is a 300mile + round trip then on the 29th I'm heading away on a lap around the South Island with a couple of buddies which will be about 1500 miles at least. Yee ha!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I washed the bike and cleaned & lubed the chain yesterday. Yee ha! The cleaning and lubing was an involved thing. I'll have to get a rear stand, I guess. And a bike with a shaft drive :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
A good ride and use is what I'm always on the lookout for as well. Funds are saved for maintenance and such these days.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I got my wife's 300f a partner!

1982 GL1100. The plan is to tear it down and make it as light as possible.

The standard variant weighs 595lbs dry, my goal is to hit 535lbs dry.

Ditching the chrome, chopping the fenders, removing the air ride suspension, and yanking all the "doo dads."

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
I got my wife's 300f a partner!

1982 GL1100. The plan is to tear it down and make it as light as possible.

The standard variant weighs 595lbs dry, my goal is to hit 535lbs dry.

Ditching the chrome, chopping the fenders, removing the air ride suspension, and yanking all the "doo dads."
Sounds like a great project, I'm right into striping a bike back to basics and lightning it up.
One of the easiest ways (but probably not the cheapest) to ditch 4 to 5 pounds is to swap the lead acid battery for lithium ion.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Or, should I say, what are you getting yourself that is for your bike?

Accessories, mods, gear?
I got a front mudgard (fender) extender R&G. Also a stainless steel radiator guard protector from Santa. All we need is some dry weather and the storm force winds to ease, then I can fit them.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Received a pair of Alpinestars Missile Airflow pants and a $100 gift card to a local gear store so not too shabby. Now that credit is burning a hole in my pocket. Took the bike out Christmas day and I'm glad I did as winter showed up Sunday with pretty brutal force. May be the last ride I get in for quite some time.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Received a pair of Alpinestars Missile Airflow pants and a $100 gift card to a local gear store so not too shabby. Now that credit is burning a hole in my pocket. Took the bike out Christmas day and I'm glad I did as winter showed up Sunday with pretty brutal force. May be the last ride I get in for quite some time.
You're right, and we're in the same area... I can't even think about riding, and neither muster up the courage to glance at the bike(s) in the garage to feel any temptation to ride. I don't even feel like leaving home with the car either. It is brutal, indeed.

Reactions: TheDocktor40

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Took the bike out Christmas day and I'm glad I did as winter showed up Sunday with pretty brutal force. May be the last ride I get in for quite some time.
You're right, and we're in the same area... I can't even think about riding, and neither muster up the courage to glance at the bike(s) in the garage to feel any temptation to ride. I don't even feel like leaving home with the car either. It is brutal, indeed.
Did you get snow, or was it more of an ice/rain mix?

Here in Santa Fe, snow started falling about 10 am on Saturday and didn't stop until late Sunday night... ended up with 8" - 10" of the white stuff in my driveway by the time the storm was over. I haven't ridden any of my bikes since early November, but I did have my snowmobile out for the first ride of the season on Thanksgiving weekend.

·
Registered
156 Posts
We pretty much had every kind of weather you could imagine in a span of 3 days. We have a saying here that goes "if you don't like the weather, just wait a few minutes," and it couldn't have been more accurate. Christmas day (Friday) it was around 80 degrees and beautiful, Saturday evening our first real cold front rolled in causing severe thunderstorms that generated hail and tornados which claimed 11 lives, Sunday we had major flooding, and Monday it dropped into the mid 30's and we had snow. It's been a wild weekend around here to say the least.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts

Here in Santa Fe, snow started falling about 10 am on Saturday and didn't stop until late Sunday night... ended up with 8" - 10" of the white stuff in my driveway by the time the storm was over. I haven't ridden any of my bikes since early November, but I did have my snowmobile out for the first ride of the season on Thanksgiving weekend.
No snow, maybe some light hail for a brief amount of time? An area near me was affected by a tornado and from what I heard, a few people were lost. Rest in peace.

We had quite a bit of rain, but there's this harsh and cold climate. It's not as bad today though.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Or, should I say, what are you getting yourself that is for your bike?

Accessories, mods, gear?
I also got a 4 piece travel fishing rod that casts up to 3oz weights that will fit in my rucksack. My beachcasters are 11ft so no good unless I take the car.
Off to the beach to try and catch some cod, plaice and whiting on the bike as we have a dry day and the winds have dropped. About time the bike had a 30 mile run out.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Back from fishing, bike ran like a dream although only a 60mile round trip. Forgot my thermos so called it a day when it got dark and chilly. Managed a small cod of 3lbs and 4 whiting so dinner is sorted.

Reactions: Treve82

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts