Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Honda has already announced the the 2016 Africa Twin (we have a thread on this bike in the Other Bikes forum), which is supposed to be available in the US by spring, perhaps sooner.

Generally the manufacturers begin announcing some of next years models over the coming few months. Not sure if there will be any new 2016 300's... rumor has it that Honda will be skipping a model year so as to sell the existing inventory of 2015 CBR/CB300's.

I'm curious to see if Honda will upgrade the CRF250L with the 286cc motor... that would seem like a logical move on their part, given that the CRF250L model has been a very good seller here in the US. I'm also wondering if the US will get the Super Moto "M" version of that bike. Or possibly a CB300X Adventure.

Reactions: corb

·
Registered
178 Posts
The Africa twin has already been released here in Thailand and the engine from that will be in the CBR 250 rr which will replace the 300 The CBR 300 is just a short lived model, that helped sell off the rest of the unsold 250's The market got so tuff here between the ninja 250 and the yamaha r6 the honda lost out on the sales hands down. Plus the 250 had a top end engine problem that is why there was never a 300 just a 286cc. You can buy here in Thailand the full fairing kit for a 300 to put straight on your 250. and the engine two. A friend of mine here in Thai he has 26 honda shops when i bought my 250 i got it for $1000 cheaper because they had stop selling. They are not making as many 300's here now because of the new bikes that are coming out. There is going to be 3 new bikes for 2016

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
The Africa twin has already been released here in Thailand and the engine from that will be in the CBR 250 rr which will replace the 300 The CBR 300 is just a short lived model, that helped sell off the rest of the unsold 250's The market got so tuff here between the ninja 250 and the yamaha r6 the honda lost out on the sales hands down. Plus the 250 had a top end engine problem that is why there was never a 300 just a 286cc. You can buy here in Thailand the full fairing kit for a 300 to put straight on your 250. and the engine two. A friend of mine here in Thai he has 26 honda shops when i bought my 250 i got it for $1000 cheaper because they had stop selling. They are not making as many 300's here now because of the new bikes that are coming out. There is going to be 3 new bikes for 2016
Interesting stuff Wings. Are you sure there's no speculation involved here??

You know MotoMike is going to run his BS meter over this! :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
178 Posts
It is ok one thing about forum sites if they don't find anything they just say it's BS anyway. The information that i get is from the dealers. And they get there information straight from honda. What they write in the book and papers is not all 100% because they can't really tell all. But i am open to see what comes my way. All the best.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Plus the 250 had a top end engine problem that is why there was never a 300 just a 286cc.(From Wings)

I wonder if the reason with "only" 286 cc instead of 300 has to do with the physical size of the existing (250) engine limiting the amount of crank stroke Honda had to work with. I really do not see a "top end" engine problem has to do with engine stroke....however I am probably incorrect.....thoughts?

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
The Africa twin has already been released here in Thailand...
You say that "the Africa Twin has already been released in Thailand"... so are you saying that you could walk into one of your buddy's 26 dealerships and buy one, and ride it home tomorrow?

And why would Thailand have this Japan built bike before it's available in the US, Europe, Australia, etc.?... these are the prime markets for the Africa Twin, not Thailand.

... and the engine from that will be in the CBR 250 rr which will replace the 300.
Yeah, my B.S. meter is pegged on this one. :rolleyes: So you're saying that Honda will be putting a 1000cc parallel twin into a small sport bike chassis, and then call it a CBR250RR?

Plus the 250 had a top end engine problem that is why there was never a 300 just a 286cc.
Please tell us more about this 'top end problem' on the CBR250R.

I have 15,000 miles (that's miles, not km's) on mine and it has not had a single engine problem, or any other problem for that matter. And there are many, many CBR250R owners (who have far more miles than I do), who have had no engine issues. Yes, there have been a handful of owners of the Indian built 250R who have had engine problems, but in the majority of those cases the problems have been the result of poor service & maintenance practices in that part of the world.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I wonder if the reason with "only" 286 cc instead of 300 has to do with the physical size of the existing (250) engine limiting the amount of crank stroke Honda had to work with. I really do not see a "top end" engine problem has to do with engine stroke....however I am probably incorrect.....thoughts?
You're partially right... by changing the stroke, Honda was able to increase the displacement of the existing MC41 250cc engine without having a lot of new tooling costs. To go much larger than 286cc, they would have had to increase the size of the cylinder bore, which would have meant casting all new cylinders, pistons, cylinder heads, etc. Which in turn would have meant increasing the retail price of the 300R more than they did.

So the idea that wings would have us believe, that stroking the motor to 286cc was done to "fix" a supposed top end problem with the CBR250R motor is once again more B.S.

At the rate our friend wings is going, my old but trusty B.S. meter is going to need another set of Duracell's soon. :eek:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
At the rate our friend wings is going, my old but trusty B.S. meter is going to need another set of Duracell's soon.

Epic statement Mike....

Again you guys kill me...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow, now who mentioned Japan. I don't think i did. Think about it, a small country 1000cc that does not work. lol. Think about it if Honda really wanted a 300cc bike they would of made one. The biggest selling point of the 300 was the looks. Not the power not the handling. All thow they handling quite well. But when you buy a 500cc bike that is close to what you get. And the same as the 1000. Don't get me wrong the 300 is a good bike, i have one. But the sad 250 is last out of all of the bikes i only kept my one for 2000km. That babies rattel in the top end. The 300 goes good untill you watch a ninja 300 scream past you. I am a Honda man but there are better opions out there. The only thing that honda is first at WITH THE 300 and i say WITH THE 300 is the price. It is affordable. So old motomike that was a wait of the Duracell batts. See what you find about honda new 190cc motorcycle. Ah its all good fun. Have a good day Guys

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Wow, now who mentioned Japan. I don't think i did.
You didn't say anything about Japan, nor did I say that you did. Re-read my post... What I asked you was this: "... why would Thailand have this Japan built bike before it's available in the US, Europe, Australia, etc.?... these are the prime markets for the Africa Twin, not Thailand."

But you didn't answer that question... you implied in your previous post that one could walk into a Thai Honda dealer and buy a CRF1000F Africa Twin now.

... Think about it, a small country 1000cc that does not work. lol...
Honestly, I have no idea what "... a small country 1000cc that does not work." even means. Something is lost in translation in much of what you post on these forums. Are you using Google to translate from Thai, or is it just that English is a second language for you. I'm not criticizing you on your use of English, it's just that much of what you write is confusing or unclear as to what you're really trying to say.

See what you find about honda new 190cc motorcycle.
Again, not sure what you're talking about. What it sounds like is another small displacement bike for the Asian markets, and highly unlikely that it's something Honda would bring to western markets. Aside from some step though scooter models, the only sub 200cc Honda motorcycles we see in the Western markets are the small off road bikes like the CRF50R through the CRF150R, which are made for kid's just starting out. Sub 200cc street legal motorcycles are not even on the radar here.

But I digress. We were talking about the CRF1000F Africa Twin...

What myself and others are questioning, are the nonsensical posts you made regarding the new CRF1000F Africa Twin, and the idea you put forth that Honda would be using the same CRF1000F motor in this "soon to be released CBR250RR" that you claim to have inside knowledge about. So how exactly does that work... are you saying that they will sleeve down those two cylinders, from 1000cc to 250cc? Yeah, not likely.

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
In my first post, there was nothing said about 1000cc. I said the engine that is in the 250rr. Africa 250. is a road trail bike.
You didn't say Africa 250 in your first post, you specifically said Africa Twin (which has a 1000cc twin cylinder motor, and is also known as the CRF1000F... it's been all over the news on the online motorcycle sites for some time now).

I've never heard of a Honda "Africa 250" until your post just now (Google search returns nothing under the name Honda Africa 250) ... do you have any photos of this Africa 250?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Normally new models are released during the early fall. Like September and October for the following model year. These models are announced usually during the late spring and summer to create the hype, i.e. H2R. If it hasn't been announced by now, it isn't coming out this fall.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I bought a 2016 Vespa 2 months ago. I recall they also brought out the FZ07 early too. I bought my 2015 FZ07 on June 26, 2014, so it's all over the place. Same with cars.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts