Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have added a new photo album which you all can view, here is the link (I hope it works):

Honda CBR 300 Forum - Louieb's Album: South African Road Trip December 2015

You can also go to my profile page and view the pictures there, I have created a new album.

Basically, I rode my CBR 300R from Johannesburg down to Durban, trying to stay off the main highway as much as possible.

I did the out-and-back trip in 2 days covering about 400 miles (650km) per day (total of just over 1300 km's (800 miles).

The bike performed flawlessly, I rode at speeds as low as 20km per hour where the road surface was badly pot-holed, or where it was reduced to a rutted dirt road (around the Tugela Ferry village in rural Kwazulu Natal.

On the freeway/highway sections, I rode at about 120km/hour (the national speed limit) or 70-75 miles/hour, but probably averaged around 110km/hour (65 miles/hour). I kept my revs between 7000-7500 most of the time.

The bike used on average 3 litres of fuel for every 100km travelled, which was what I normally get from the bike.

The air temperature in the Tugela valley was sweltering (about 45-47 degrees celcius or 120-130 Fahrenheit), it felt like someone was blasting me with a giant hair-dryer, the air was actually burning my skin. What was remarkable was that the bike's temperature guage never moved off 3-bars once!

All I can say is that I a really impressed with the ability of this little bike. I can now see how some people are able to travel across continents on small bikes.

Ridden carefully, with regular stops to stretch my legs and take a short break (every 1.5 to 2 hours or 150km), this bike is awesome!

With a little planning, I'd encourage anyone to take their 300's on longer trips. My bike had absolutely no issues, and true to Honda-reputation, was totally reliable, which gives me peace of mind.

Let's hear from others on the forum who have done some longer trips on their 300's :)

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Hi All,

I have added a new photo album which you all can view, here is the link (I hope it works):

Honda CBR 300 Forum - Louieb's Album: South African Road Trip December 2015

You can also go to my profile page and view the pictures there, I have created a new album.

Basically, I rode my CBR 300R from Johannesburg down to Durban, trying to stay off the main highway as much as possible.

I did the out-and-back trip in 2 days covering about 400 miles (650km) per day (total of just over 1300 km's (800 miles).

The bike performed flawlessly, I rode at speeds as low as 20km per hour where the road surface was badly pot-holed, or where it was reduced to a rutted dirt road (around the Tugela Ferry village in rural Kwazulu Natal.

On the freeway/highway sections, I rode at about 120km/hour (the national speed limit) or 70-75 miles/hour, but probably averaged around 110km/hour (65 miles/hour). I kept my revs between 7000-7500 most of the time.

The bike used on average 3 litres of fuel for every 100km travelled, which was what I normally get from the bike.

The air temperature in the Tugela valley was sweltering (about 45-47 degrees celcius or 120-130 Fahrenheit), it felt like someone was blasting me with a giant hair-dryer, the air was actually burning my skin. What was remarkable was that the bike's temperature guage never moved off 3-bars once!

All I can say is that I a really impressed with the ability of this little bike. I can now see how some people are able to travel across continents on small bikes.

Ridden carefully, with regular stops to stretch my legs and take a short break (every 1.5 to 2 hours or 150km), this bike is awesome!

With a little planning, I'd encourage anyone to take their 300's on longer trips. My bike had absolutely no issues, and true to Honda-reputation, was totally reliable, which gives me peace of mind.

Let's hear from others on the forum who have done some longer trips on their 300's :)
Nice trip louie :)

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Great assemble of pics. Looks like a wonderful trip.....No issues with the 300 R ? I suppose not..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts