Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y’all, I’ve been having trouble. I bought a used 2016 CBR300R. It had an aftermarket fender delete kit put on it. I have been having problems with the license plate being bumped by the tire. The only thing that was in the kit under the seat was the manual, no tools. I have a quick question, what size is the Spanner wrench? I appreciate the help. Thank you for the support #freestylebender

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
No loss not having the original tool kit as they are pure junk. Get yourself 8mm, 10mm and 12mm spanners and you should have all you need to work on an after market fender delete. Just check there's no cap screws fitted that you need to undo or you will need a set of allen keys as well. Go to google images if your not familiar with what I'm referring to. Good luck.

·
Registered
2017 Honda CB300FAH (ABS)
28 Posts
For some reason Honda didn't include a tool kit with the 300s sold in the US. 300s sold in Canada and elsewhere got a basic one. For the US, my 2017 CB300F only came with the little vinyl tool pouch, a 5mm hex key (for taking off the seat), a plastic fuse puller and a helmet cable. Kind of weird but there are a number of forum posts about it. I added basics like a low profile 6" adjustable wrench, a Harbor Freight hex key ring pared down to only the keys needed for the bike, a dual Phillips / standard screwdriver, Leatherman tool, tie wraps, electrical tape, a pencil tire gauge, and a plastic sleeve with my state registration, proof of insurance, a Bic stick pen, a piece of note paper, and a $10 bill (emergency gas money). I also carry a kickstand plate and a disk brake lock. Otherwise, I figure I have a compressor and a good set of tools in my garage. (I added a paddle stand for lifting the bike's rear for chain work and a Motion Pro 08-0029 Shock Spanner Wrench for adjusting the rear shock pre-load.) If you have AAA, know that you have to add RV coverage to your membership for it to cover motorcycles. Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts