Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CBR 300R ABS SE
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yesterday me and my boyfriend out riding. He has a kawasaki z900 and of course I have my 300. He said that it seems like my bike is super slow so when I'm going 60 his bike will say 55 and literally right beside me .
The tires are the correct size and I did redo the chain and sprockets in the correct size too. I'm confused

Does anyone know what the issue might be or is it because mine is only 300CC and his is 900?

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Yesterday me and my boyfriend out riding. He has a kawasaki z900 and of course I have my 300. He said that it seems like my bike is super slow so when I'm going 60 his bike will say 55 and literally right beside me .
The tires are the correct size and I did redo the chain and sprockets in the correct size too. I'm confused

Does anyone know what the issue might be or is it because mine is only 300CC and his is 900?
No it's the difference in speedo error between the two bikes. His Kwaka is more accurate. The metric CBR's (ones that read in kph) are highly optimistic in the speeds they show. At an indicated 100kph you are actually only doing 90. I tested mine against an electronic speed indication sign that the police use here. The bikes that read in mph seem more accurate.

·
Registered
415 Posts
And if you fit a 15T front sprocket the speedo will be within a couple of mph if you are on a miles speedo rather than a kilometer one.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts