Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Have just got the wife a '14 CB300F, she is very happy with it except for one thing. The speedo seems to be somewhat erratic in that when trying to sit on a certain speed it constantly changes making watching the speedo take over rather than watching the road and the occassional glance to the speedo.
Firstly I would like to ask if this is normal.
If not I would like to ask if anyone knows a cause/fix for this.

I look forward to your help.
Cheers
Steve

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Hi all

Have just got the wife a '14 CB300F, she is very happy with it except for one thing. The speedo seems to be somewhat erratic in that when trying to sit on a certain speed it constantly changes making watching the speedo take over rather than watching the road and the occassional glance to the speedo.
Firstly I would like to ask if this is normal.
If not I would like to ask if anyone knows a cause/fix for this.

I look forward to your help.
Cheers
Steve
I always found it hard to sit on an exact speed. Like if I was trying to sit on 100kph it would flicker between 99-101 unless I really concentrated hard. So it sounds normal to me. How many mph is it flickering between?

·
Registered
415 Posts
I always found it hard to sit on an exact speed. Like if I was trying to sit on 100kph it would flicker between 99-101 unless I really concentrated hard. So it sounds normal to me. How many mph is it flickering between?
Mine is the same. Don't think it matters much.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, kiwi rider, what you explained sounds like what it is doing. It is good to know it is normal but still a bit disconcerting as it makes it hard to feel confident in the speed she is doing.

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Thanks, kiwi rider, what you explained sounds like what it is doing. It is good to know it is normal but still a bit disconcerting as it makes it hard to feel confident in the speed she is doing.
As long as you aint getting tickets then it's all good. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts