Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It occurred to me that a few of us might be making unnecessary, ill-advised purchases come spring time (or whatever season you might be transitioning into in your part of the world), so I created a thread!

Here's mine!

Already done the requisite tail tidy and slip-on, that's all for now.

Here's to hoping for plenty of motorcycle-bound social distancing these coming months!

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nice!!!! I would love one of those ( really!!). Love those retro cafes. Enjoy it man, enjoy em all.
My knees are to the point where I’m working my way out of sportbikes. I’m looking at adventure bikes, but they are not near as beautiful. That bike of yours is beautiful!!!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Zeke. Nice bike. Tail tidy and slip on make a really neat job. OH, and I'm going to pretend I didn't see that tie-down strap by your left hand.. Holding up your bike... while you sit there on your precious smiling like a brand new Papa. Enjoy and Ride Safe.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Late to the show and tell party... Yes! love that thing Zeke. Man I so wanted an X model (and still do) but just couldnt get it with the four pot brakes here.
Great photos, thanks for the share, like what you've done so far. Great colour.

I have a full M4 exhaust system, a set of Arashi rear sets and a pair of preload adjusters sitting in my lounge but no bike still... I was supposed to collect this wkd but there's been a hitch (long story) so it's going to be next wkd now. sigh... another week. Good things come to those patient I guess.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
OH, and I'm going to pretend I didn't see that tie-down strap by your left hand.. Holding up your bike... while you sit there on your precious smiling like a brand new Papa.
:laugh: It was strapped down in the back of a pickup in that shot. The dealer had a lift, and I had a ramp and a hill at home. Transportation went without issue.

@kiwi_rider it's almost worse having the bike at home and not being able to ride it (still too cold at upper 30*s F today).. But I was able to do the quick bolt-on mods. Also botched the install of a screen protector for the instrument panel (hate the trace scratches that appear) but bought a pack of 4 so will try again soon. I'll just be running the bike as-is for a few (3) track days this season -- assuming the events aren't all canceled.

Only put a few dozen miles on the SV so far, but initial impressions are :eek:

Thanks for the kind words all! Looking forward to seeing your's kiwi.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh god, the horn button placement tho!! I understand now! Keep honking at people unintentionally

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
174 Posts
Oh god, the horn button placement tho!! I understand now! Keep honking at people unintentionally

Yeah,Yeah.. Unintentionally blowing the horn soz everybody can see your new bike. Don't think the rest of us haven't done the same. Enjoy it while the red's still on the candy.:)

·
Registered
152 Posts

I bought a new CTX700 once, and kept getting the horn and turn signal mixed up..... never good when you are turning near a biker bar.....

So... That thing looks really comfortable. Is it??

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So... That thing looks really comfortable. Is it??
Started a reply and then realized it was getting way too lengthy. Suffice to say: Initial impressions are that it’s a really great fit for me. I don’t have complaints with the seat (many do), lots of room to move from upright to tucked down low and it all feels natural. The rearsets are more aggressive and my legs are getting used to that. First couple trips I thought the clipons might be an issue (for my hands/wrists bc of their angle) but I’ve figured that out. A bit “whole body sore” after the first few longer rides, but I think that may have been a combo of riding in the cold and reacclimating after the off-season.

Couple immediately obvious downsides compared to the 300 are the abysmal turning radius (although it is easy to navigate at slow speeds), slow initial turn in (not 'flickable' like the 300 at all), and the added weight (you certainly feel it).

·
Registered
130 Posts
My CB300F has the horn button above.
My TU250X has the horn button below.
On occasion I ride both bikes the same day. :eek:
Can be a bit much for this old brain. :crying:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts