Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A son of a friend of mine had a cbr250 that I fell in love with when I saw it. I have never had a road bike before, they always looked either too heavy and rediculously over powered or just not attractive so I stuck to dirt bikes. Finally something that looked good and I felt comfortable on. Well when I started looking into them and saw the cbr300 I liked that even more. As you would expect. I have just bought my first road bike, a cbr300 for my 50th birthday and am wrapped. Bloody fantastic. My only issue is that I would like to put a 15tooth sprocket on the front as I mainly use it on the highway. The speedo is out by 10 km at 100 km/h which is pretty common on new vehicles these days so not worried by this. When sitting on 100km/h, I am on 6600rpm. Little too high with not a lot of load on the engine. Can anybody give me the part number and manufacturer of a steel 15 tooth front sprocket which fits the cbr300 as nobody that I have spoken to in Queensland Australia, including Honda dealers, can get me one. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

The Maniac Joe.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes wings. Kiwi rider reckons is the same as cbr250 which dealers here told me was not true as they had different part numbers. Kiwi also says is the same as an xr250 which I also own one of so should be easy to check. I hope that is true because if it is it will be easy to get.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts