Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since there isn't a category for brakes, I think it fits best in the wheels/tires/suspenion.

Got a front steel braided line. Before putting it on I wanted to compare the OEM so I bleed the brakes, since it is still pretty new and not 5 or 10 years old. I got this bike used with a few hundred miles and the brake fluid was already dark. Looking at mfg. date it is 7/14 so the fluid has been in there for almost two years. It was orginally purchased 9/14 and I got it 5/15. Normally I bleed my brakes every year after the rainy season. So when I got it the brake felt kinda...well not much of a feel to them but wasn't spongy. So I wanted to know how they would be with fresh fluid. Most folks that put on steel braided lines always claim that they make a huge difference, I think they do but not as huge as folks think. What folks are feeling is a used up oem line along with used up fluid of course when you put on a new line and fresh fluid it'll feel better..even if it is a oem replacement line. So after the bleeding the brakes felt much firmer and had more feel to them, just as I thought. Every time I bleeds brakes they always feel better. So after test riding that I put on the new braided lines and they feel a little better, firmer with more feel. There was enough of a difference that I felt it but it wasn't hugely different. The difference in feel from oem line to braided line is like the difference in bleeding the brakes every year. Now if I had gone from the used up fluid to the new braided line and fresh fluid then it would feel much more different.

Stock line is 32 1/4" from end of fitting to end of fitting. New line is about 3/4" longer, end of fitting to end of fitting. Line I got was 30", fittings added about 3". Both ends of fitting are 30*. Reused the two mounting bracket but had to get some tubing to shim/grommet new line on brackets. I'll make a video soon to show what it looks like.

Got some videos but can't make youtube embed. Link is my signature.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Since there isn't a category for brakes, I think it fits best in the wheels/tires/suspenion.

Got a front steel braided line. Before putting it on I wanted to compare the OEM so I bleed the brakes, since it is still pretty new and not 5 or 10 years old. I got this bike used with a few hundred miles and the brake fluid was already dark. Looking at mfg. date it is 7/14 so the fluid has been in there for almost two years. It was orginally purchased 9/14 and I got it 5/15. Normally I bleed my brakes every year after the rainy season. So when I got it the brake felt kinda...well not much of a feel to them but wasn't spongy. So I wanted to know how they would be with fresh fluid. Most folks that put on steel braided lines always claim that they make a huge difference, I think they do but not as huge as folks think. What folks are feeling is a used up oem line along with used up fluid of course when you put on a new line and fresh fluid it'll feel better..even if it is a oem replacement line. So after the bleeding the brakes felt much firmer and had more feel to them, just as I thought. Every time I bleeds brakes they always feel better. So after test riding that I put on the new braided lines and they feel a little better, firmer with more feel. There was enough of a difference that I felt it but it wasn't hugely different. The difference in feel from oem line to braided line is like the difference in bleeding the brakes every year. Now if I had gone from the used up fluid to the new braided line and fresh fluid then it would feel much more different.

Stock line is 32 1/4" from end of fitting to end of fitting. New line is about 3/4" longer, end of fitting to end of fitting. Line I got was 30", fittings added about 3". Both ends of fitting are 30*. Reused the two mounting bracket but had to get some tubing to shim/grommet new line on brackets. I'll make a video soon to show what it looks like.

Got some videos but can't make youtube embed. Link is my signature.

@DaBinChe I'm reviving this old thread just to ask you a question. I am putting on front and rear stainless hoses, fast bleeders and new banjo bolts too. I haven't taken anything apart yet I like to have all the parts first. So I haven't been able to see the Pitch size of the stock Banjo bolts. I know they are M10x22, do you know if they are 1.25? That seems to be the size Honda uses on other bikes I've seen.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Isn't pitch for Honda bleeder 1.25?
Here's a part number:Speed Bleeder SB8125
Yes that is the pitch for the speed bleeders, I already have Stainless Steel speed bleeders. I need to know the pitch for the Banjo bolts. I want to order Titanium Banjo bolts but Honda only shows they are m10x22. Honda uses 1.25 pitch for m8 bolts but for m10 the standard is 1.50, but I don't know about Honda because the rear sprocket bolts are m10 and they were 1.25 pitch

1 - 5 of 5 Posts