Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all,

My front break lever has been feeling a little sticky/jerky, as if it needs lubrication. I thought there was a cable I may need to lube, but I looked it up and the front break has a hose... Is there anything that can be done if, when I'm squeezing the front brake lever, it feels a little sticky?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
The front brake works on the principle of forcing brake fluid down that hose you spotted to the brake caliper that squeezes the brake pads out on to the revolving disc/rotor. There's a small piston inside the casing that the lever is attached to and that does the fluid pushing.
We will assume all is well with the piston seals etc at this stage and start with the easier stuff. There is a bolt that goes through the lever holding it in place. Remove this so you can pull the lever out and clean both the lever and the recess it slides into. Put some form of grease on the rubbing surfaces and re-install the lever but dont nip the bolt up too tight. I think it has a nut on the end of it too? If you over tighten this it can cause binding as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts