Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody there with a practical experience riding in below-freezing temps (when the roads are dry)? Can the stock tires handle it or do they become too "dangerous" (hard)? With my Vespa I had winter tires (softer compound), so no issues there. AFAIK there are no motorcycle winter tires.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
IMO, riding on the street in sub-freezing temps is asking for trouble. Sub-freezing temps are prime time for the formation of black ice.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm aware of that possibility. There are days when the surface is completely dry even though it's below the freezing mark.
I'm just not sure how the stock tires behave during those temps. That's why the question.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
Wow... that guy in the third video was riding like an fricking idiot. Lane splitting or filtering does not mean riding down the center line on a two lane road with oncoming traffic. What he was doing was nothing short of reckless. At 4:15 when he passed that bus, and the oncoming car flashed its lights at him was way too close to being a head on collision.

And motorcyclist's wonder why they get little or no respect out on the road. It's morons like this guy (Andrew Willcox in the third video) who give motorcyclists a bad name, and how we all end up getting painted with the same broad brush by other drivers on the road. It's just stupid. :(

Reactions: atown8605

·
Registered
414 Posts

·
Registered
414 Posts
Wow... that guy in the third video was riding like an fricking idiot. Lane splitting or filtering does not mean riding down the center line on a two lane road with oncoming traffic. What he was doing was nothing short of reckless. At 4:15 when he passed that bus, and the oncoming car flashed its lights at him was way too close to being a head on collision.

And motorcyclist's wonder why they get little or no respect out on the road. It's morons like this guy (Andrew Willcox in the third video) who give motorcyclists a bad name, and how we all end up getting painted with the same broad brush by other drivers on the road. It's just stupid. :(

And that's why we can't have nice things.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Just to be clear.. "It can be done" does not mean that it SHOULD be done. I sure as heck would not do it but it goes to show the risks that some people will do. (Stupid people mind you)

Motomike..the car flashing their lights in the 3rd video,,was the Police..

Reactions: Fanatic
1 - 8 of 8 Posts