Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, thank you for taking the time to read.

1) Any of you guys running Michelin street pilot radials? Do you have chicken strips? I do, measured perpendicular from the very edge of the tread they are about 14mm in. (maybe 12mm). Can I go further with them? (I know it depends a bit on the road surface/ conditions)
What is your experience? Please please tell the truth, or tell nothing at all, I don't want to be wiped off a trucks windshield, or go flying through a wall...lol
Was it from hanging of the bike or staying centrally seated?

2) Is anyone who has owned street pilot radials aware of any tire that performs significantly better in the wet?
(I have to say I am very happy with how these handle in the rain)(I live west coast of Canada, and I may as well be living in a shower)

I am happy to receive NEW insights into my personality. Currently I am aware I am childish, foolish, and irreverant.

Thank you in advance - stay safe

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
I had the Michelin PSR’s on my CBR and I think the unused strip was like 3 or 4 mm. They are quite a confidence inspiring tyre so under correct road conditions and tyre temp they will handle some pretty decent lean angles.
Personally I hang off the bike but I’m very light so I find I need to do this if I really want to hustle my bike through a corner.
I wouldn’t be too concerned about the width of your ‘chicken strips’ as long as your enjoying your riding and riding within your limitations.
If you really want to run some big lean angles then consider a track day which is a much better environment for pushing yourself and the bike further.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I had the Michelin PSR’s on my CBR and I think the unused strip was like 3 or 4 mm. They are quite a confidence inspiring tyre so under correct road conditions and tyre temp they will handle some pretty decent lean angles.
Personally I hang off the bike but I’m very light so I find I need to do this if I really want to hustle my bike through a corner.
I wouldn’t be too concerned about the width of your ‘chicken strips’ as long as your enjoying your riding and riding within your limitations.
If you really want to run some big lean angles then consider a track day which is a much better environment for pushing yourself and the bike further.
When you had either of the Honda's did you ever mess with the front brake to increase the stopping power like a different front master cylinder--reason I ask a guy on the CB300R forum is trying to increase the stopping power going pass better lines and better brake pads--

·
Registered
494 Posts
I put sintered pads in my CBR and my CB300R. Makes a great difference to the OEM pads.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
When you had either of the Honda's did you ever mess with the front brake to increase the stopping power like a different front master cylinder--reason I ask a guy on the CB300R forum is trying to increase the stopping power going pass better lines and better brake pads--
Like Gromit, I just did the sintered pad up grade. I found the Nissin front brake actually pretty decent on the CBR’s and I only did a total of three track days on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts