Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When refueling the cbr300r the whole gas cap comes off and I don't know where to put it.

Is it supposed to be like that? Where do you put the gas cap?

·
Registered
59 Posts
When refueling the cbr300r the whole gas cap comes off and I don't know where to put it.

Is it supposed to be like that? Where do you put the gas cap?
Yea, you have to kinda angle it when you fill it. It is kinda annoying at first, but it's no big deal after a while. I think that bar is there to protect the instraments inside the tank.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I set the gas cap on the ground away from my feet (so I don't step on it) and on a flat area where it won't roll over and get dinged or scratched up.

I'm actually happy it comes all the way off... Won't scratch up the body paint while hanging around. I like that it's a durable, quality, heavy duty piece as well.

·
Premium Member
5,461 Posts
I sit it on the petrol pump but I got caught out a while ago when I knocked it off and it fell on the ground bending the key which was still in it. I bent that key back real careful like, so it didn't snap off. I was over 1000 miles from home at the time with no spare key...
I would prefer it to be hinged to the bike.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I get close enough to place the gas cap on top of the pump. I take my gloves off too so I don't get them smelling like fuel (although I don't mind that aroma...).

·
Registered
96 Posts
^^^ what he said, I don't mean to imply that you should overthink this subject of fueling a bike, but it is not like fueling a car or truck, & every bike is somewhat different, anyway take it seriously & figure out what works & just do the same thing every time

I leave full face helmet on but your mileage may vary, gloves off & place on top of pump, unlock the gas cap the gloves will cradle the gas cap very well, the reason for the top of the pump is easier to reach up than bend down but again your mileage may vary, I straddle the bike straight up kickstand down & slowly & carefully fill up the tank, focus & no distractions until completed, very carefully dismount & grab the fuel cap & snap it back in place, when I pay for the gas initially I grab a couple of napkins unless they have towel dispensers that actually have towels in them to clean up any spashes & there typically are some

the good thing is: this bike having to visit a gas station is a rare event

·
Registered
48 Posts
Holding it in my hand. Luckily here in Thailand pretty much all of the stations have service people to fill the tank :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts