Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you can think of some parts for the bike you'd like to see 3D Printed post them here and I'll try to design and print them when I can get some free time.

Pertinent 3D Printer Specs are:

Printing:
- Build envelope: 225 x 145 x 150 mm. (8.85"x5.7"x5.9")
- Build volume: About 5 liters
- Layer thickness: 0.1-0.3 mm. (adjustable)
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm.

I'm limited to printing in 2 colors at a time since my Creator X is only a Dual Extrusion model.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Would we be getting little previews of the 3D printed parts or are you just going to go straight to production?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't call it "production" since I'm not in it "for money". Each inch of filament is about 4 inches of "layer" so parts are pretty cheap to make, tbh.

The only "hard" part for me is designing the 3D model in Tinkercad (which is a free, web-based design tool) I really like so far. I'm not a CAD/CAM guy. I just like to make "things" out of whatever material just happens to be handy. Tackling a design, for me, is worth the time and effort since I will, hopefully, learn new design techniques.

GPArm - Album on Imgur

Here's an Imgur Album I just created to show off the camera extension I just created to show that it's pretty easy to make stuff like this in TinkerCAD in just a little bit of time. (battery is for scale, since I didn't have a banana handy) This was printed on my Makerbot Replicator 2 (Uses PLA plastic instead of ABS. It smells a bit like Pancakes when I print with it)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts