Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Riding the 300F. Enjoying it. just got one question, Is 85MPH the fastest the bike can go / when I go in for my first service will they take the limiter off / is there even one? I was riding to a different town & that's as fast as the bike would let me go.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Welcome :) .

Don't know if your model is restricted , but unrestricted I'd expect it to go a little faster than that.

It's a new bike, so the engine will not have loosened up yet, give it time.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
On the right downhill, I'm sure you could crack 100. :p

All jokes aside, if there is indeed a speed limiter, I don't think they would remove it or touch the ECU without an official notice which we would have been made aware of already. Nothing comes to my knowledge. Feel free to correct me anyone.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
Riding the 300F. Enjoying it. just got one question, Is 85MPH the fastest the bike can go
The 300F will be a little slower than the 300R because of the increased wind resistance with not having a fairing. It depends on a few factors like rider weight etc but I got 96MPH out of my 300R recently using a GPS to get an accurate reading. I ran out of road but once the motor has loosened up a little more I will do another run on a big straight. Keen to see triple figures!
So 85 does sound a little light but I'm pretty sure there are no restrictors on the CBR300 unless its a Mexican thing?

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
The 300F will be a little slower than the 300R because of the increased wind resistance with not having a fairing. It depends on a few factors like rider weight etc but I got 96MPH out of my 300R recently using a GPS to get an accurate reading. I ran out of road but once the motor has loosened up a little more I will do another run on a big straight. Keen to see triple figures!
So 85 does sound a little light but I'm pretty sure there are no restrictors on the CBR300 unless its a Mexican thing?
Restrictor may fall off after crossing the border...

Just kidding! :p

·
Registered
532 Posts
Welcome to the boards! Mention it to the tech's when you head in for service, but yea, not exactly speed freaks....

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Not sure about top speed. I did find this video on YouTube that may shed some light. Remember that the speed in this video is displayed in kilometers.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
73 Posts
Riding the 300F. Enjoying it. just got one question, Is 85MPH the fastest the bike can go / when I go in for my first service will they take the limiter off / is there even one? I was riding to a different town & that's as fast as the bike would let me go.

welcome, sorry can't help much on the F model. My GF and I have the R model. As others have said there is no limiters. The best we could get on the R model is 93-95 mph. Two up we barely touched 90 mph. We are 160 lbs and 107 lbs. I have seen a ton of vids on you tube. I don't see how any of these guys are hitting 100+ mph on the 300. I have a fuel controller and the mix is richer than stock and still can't pass the 95 mph mark. the best I got one day was 96 behind a big diesel truck doing like 100, lol....he was flying for a big lifted truck.

welcome, enjoy your 300.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
... unless its a Mexican thing?
Just for the record, New Mexico is one of the fifty United States.

OP, what part of the state are you in?... I'm just outside of Santa Fe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts