Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what is involved in changing out the CBR300R handlebars for the CB300F handlebars so I can get the upright seating position of the 300F? I would buy a 2015 CB300R for the ABS which you can't get on the 300F. How much do you think a dealer would charge to swap out the handlebars as part of buying the CBR300R bike?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I think you will to swap the total top triple clamp, plus the bars. net gain of about 2-3 inches in height. they make so dog bones that will clip around your standard, and shorten stock bars then just add the new handle bars. I thought of raising the stock cb3oof bars to a higher pair but I think the control cables are to short. the only mods so far are foam grips and raised the mirror mount up 1 inch and out 2 on each side.
coming of a star 1100 is a big change on this bike, but every mile makes it more worthwhile!

·
Banned
777 Posts
I'm now sitting on a 2015 model cbr and cbf, and both handlebars seem to have the same height.
Either cycle ergo was wrong, or the 2015 f models have lower handlebars.
The handles on the F are pointing upward from the center, while the ones on the R point downward, wirh bar ends almost level of one another.

Either way, you can raise the cbr300r handlebars by about 5-7 mm from stock.
Both the f and R won't allow much further, as the cabling doesn't allow for it (brake line).

From looking at it, the F could be raised by 1 inch max.

1 more month, and the orange cbrs will be for sale!
So 1 more month patience.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Quote..(MeeLee):I'm now sitting on a 2015 model cbr and cbf, and both handlebars seem to have the same height.
Either cycle ergo was wrong, or the 2015 f models have lower handlebars.

Nothing has changed for 2015/2016. I believe what you read was incorrect.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Not sure how you can't tell the noticeable difference between the F and R bars. In pictures and then when I compared the two in person, the F was significantly higher, but I'm short so maybe it's just more amplified for me.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
So MeeLee why not buy a 2015 and save a bunch of Moo-La? I know the Candy Orange is your color choice but Money in your pocket is always better..

Reactions: MeeLee

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
There is (unsurprisingly) a significant difference in bar position between the bikes. If in doubt, just compare these two pics. It is clear that the bars on the F are higher and slightly further back. Withe the seat, tank etc identical on both bikes, this is a valid comparison.

Reactions: mikal and MotoMike

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I haven't seen a CB300F in person, but just looking at the photos JNO posted you can see a significant difference in the handle bar height of the two bikes. Looks like it must be at least 3" higher on the CB300F. Additionally, with the conventional style handle bar on the F, it can be rotated fore & aft to suit the riders preference.

That anyone would say that these two bikes have the same handle bar height just seems bizarre.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
When I bought my R, for some reason the F was $1500 more expensive, otherwise I would have bought one. Though I prefer the styling and wind protection of the R, the higher bars on the F would suit me better. If I could find an F owner willing to swap (assuming it was immaculate and very low kms like mine) I'd be interested.

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Same JNO, i like the look of the F but was a lok more $$$ for basically the same bike
I'm being a bit naughty here as we are off topic but over the ditch here in NZ the 2016 F model is only $200 dearer than the 2016 R model (inc the Repsol edition).
But... You can get 2015 models of both variants for $1000 cheaper than 2016 price.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Guys, the center side of the handles on the handlebars of both bikes where just as high.
You can see it on the photos as well.
The more you go outward, towards the edges, that's where there's no more than 1 inch difference between both models.
The F's bars rise, while the R's drop.
On the photo it looks like the R's bars are much lower, but if you focus on the distance of the kill switch to the tank you'll notice they are at the same height.
It is true that the R has the bars slightly more forward, but not by much, and I wonder if it can be remedied by turning the handles more inward, which on an R you can do by a few degrees.

I distinctively remember the F's bars being much more comfy and higher as well, but immediately noticed when sitting on the 2015 F in the store, that there was significant more forward lean than I remembered.
In the store, the forward lean of my body was just a few degrees more on the R, but hardly any difference.
It is much easier to install 1" handlebar risers on the F, while on the R you could probably raise the bars by less than 1/4".

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Guys, the center side of the handles on the handlebars of both bikes where just as high.
You can see it on the photos as well.
The more you go outward, towards the edges, that's where there's no more than 1 inch difference between both models.
The F's bars rise, while the R's drop.
On the photo it looks like the R's bars are much lower, but if you focus on the distance of the kill switch to the tank you'll notice they are at the same height.
It is true that the R has the bars slightly more forward, but not by much, and I wonder if it can be remedied by turning the handles more inward, which on an R you can do by a few degrees.

I distinctively remember the F's bars being much more comfy and higher as well, but immediately noticed when sitting on the 2015 F in the store, that there was significant more forward lean than I remembered.
In the store, the forward lean of my body was just a few degrees more on the R, but hardly any difference.
It is much easier to install 1" handlebar risers on the F, while on the R you could probably raise the bars by less than 1/4".

Once again, the F model handle bar is adjustable (just like any standard motorcycle handle bar is) by rotating the bar in the clamps. Any difference between handle bar height among F models simply comes down to how the dealer or owner adjusted the bars.

The R model clip-ons are not adjustable, at least not beyond a small bit of fore/aft movement allowed by the gap in the slot for the locating tab. Some owners of the CBR250R have filed away part of the locating tab to gain more movement.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts