Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am attempting to access the tail lights to install my new scorpion alarm system. Sadly, I can not find out how to remove the tail light to gain access to the hidden wires. I was going to remove the entire back end but noticed some screws that I have never seen before. Any ideas or suggestions on how to do this? I have googled and youtubed till the death of me and have found nothing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update, I figured out that they were push screws (just unlike any I have seen before). Even with those removed I still need to remove most of the back end it seems. This is fairly annoying.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Don't know if this would be any help (probably not) but I found a diagram of the taillight assembly and how it's held together on the bike, perhaps?

I wasn't having any luck on finding specific instructions either, so just wanted to post up whatever I could find.

* Courtesy of: 2015 Honda CBR300R A TAILLIGHT | MRCycles

(You probably can find additional useful diagrams within the link mentioned above)

Attachments

Reactions: Ifeanyi300F

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That diagram helps me understand it... hm... now I wonder if there is any way I can access the 12v connector shown. That is all I really need access to and it seems that they have done a pretty bang up job of hiding it. In fact, i will probably route my wires there since it will detour thieves from getting to it fast enough to disable it! LMAO

Some times I am annoyed at having such a new bike platform since there is so little information out there on it. Thanks again for this.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
That diagram helps me understand it... hm... now I wonder if there is any way I can access the 12v connector shown. That is all I really need access to and it seems that they have done a pretty bang up job of hiding it. In fact, i will probably route my wires there since it will detour thieves from getting to it fast enough to disable it! LMAO

Some times I am annoyed at having such a new bike platform since there is so little information out there on it. Thanks again for this.
You can always keep your eyes peeled on the cbr250.net side as well. May run into info that has been around since it's essentially a very similar bike, if not almost the same. :)

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'm attempting to connect with a want me to go to the tail light wire. This is my first time I'm unsure on what they actually want. The instructions date then I should insert the wire but this is not really possible currently. Unless, they actually want me to splice the center of the wire via the metal clip. I don't want to Jack anything up so I'm asking to see if anybody has any clue. Thank you for the help

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
***UPDATE:***

So, the simple answer to what I was looking to do was so simple I "nuked" it. (as we would say in the navy). The tail has a slide out panel so you can access the wiring. To access this you only need to remove 4 self tapping screws. Once removed you can slide off the back panel (with a bit of jiggling) and remove it to expose the wires. The scorpio system has a white wire that has to connect to the 12v tail light. (could be another one but that seemed the easiest for me)

Another part where I got stuck was, was I actually suppose to stick the wire into the harness and go to town on it. The answer? Yes. Stick the wire (brown for the Honda) into the hole and screw the sharp pointy metal object into the wire. Having never done this before I was nervous about this but it ended up fine. I have not finished the setup because the remote requires it to be charged before you can do so. I didnt think of that until I had an extra USB cord stuck some place and had no idea what to do with it. Now I know!

When i get a chance I will make a comprehensive tutorial so that anybody who purchases one of these will know what to do.

·
Registered
24 Posts
To get to the wires you need to work on at the rear is as follows.
there are two plastic plugs just on the rear fender directly above the rear wheel.
Push the center of this plug to release it. it will then drop out.
Next pry out the plastic fender bottom cover towards the rear lights.
Once this piece is removed you should find all the rear wire that you need.
I have had this all apart on my CB300fa to add an AdMore Lighting light bar to the rear.
Ask your questions and I should be able to answer them.

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I'm not quite sure what your problem is but I'm guessing you are unsure of which wire to power your alarm system off?
If so, its the brown wire that you need to hook into as it is the only one that has constant power as it provides power to the tail light and the license plate light.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have no issue now. The problem was the instruction were unclear for somebody who has never done this before. The idea of piercing a wire with a metal spike is somewhat odd when you are not accustomed to it.

Incidentally, that is exactly what I had to do. The question in the OP was born of ignorance since this is my first time performing an install. I have since learned much about the bike and how to install an alarm.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I got all the footage together for the tutorial. I am going to post it together and put it on youtube this weekend. Hope it will help anybody who has a question about this in the future. For the record I got the Ride Core + Ride Security system.

·
Registered
2 Posts
CBR300R and CB300F tail light (brake light) removal and replacement

I've recently thrown together a guide on how to remove and replace the tail light (brake light) on the CBR300R and CB300F

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kt8NwohJujQ

As an added bonus, there is also a followup video showing a comparison between the OEM Halogen bulb and aftermarket (Philips) LED Bulb: https://youtu.be/uHDgFNdMXJI

1 - 17 of 17 Posts