Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says I'm away from home and I have been for a while. I get back in a week and I want to buy a tail bag for a longish trip upon my return. I've come down to this bag and can someone help me determine if the normal or wide version would fit my '18 cbr300r better? I want the best fit to the tail of the bike and the space difference isn't of concern. Once last dumb question I'm 98% sure the gas tank is metal / magnetic can someone confirm haha?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/saddlemen-sport-tunnel-bag

·
Registered
300 Posts
Welcome Home! Not a dumb question at all. Someone else will let you know about your CBR300R. But my Yamaha R3 is definitely NOT magnetic on the part of the fuel tank I can lay my hands on. The metal tank is inside a "plastic" outer shell. I regularly use a tank bag, but had to go with an under-the-bag locking system utilizing a permanent fuel tank lock ring.

·
Registered
160 Posts
As the title says I'm away from home and I have been for a while. I get back in a week and I want to buy a tail bag for a longish trip upon my return. I've come down to this bag and can someone help me determine if the normal or wide version would fit my '18 cbr300r better? I want the best fit to the tail of the bike and the space difference isn't of concern. Once last dumb question I'm 98% sure the gas tank is metal / magnetic can someone confirm haha?

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/saddlemen-sport-tunnel-bag

The gas tank is metal. If you are using a tankbag, large ones interfere with the steering.

I read where the wide tunnel bag fit a 2015 CBR500..... I think that bike is near the same size...

Edited to add- if you need specific dimensions, I can step out in the garage and get em for you.... I didn’t see the inside width dimensions on the bag though....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The gas tank is metal. If you are using a tankbag, large ones interfere with the steering.

Edited to add- if you need specific dimensions, I can step out in the garage and get em for you.... I didn’t see the inside width dimensions on the bag though....
If you wouldn't mind that would be great.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I don't think that tail bag would work well- the rear seat on the 300 is not high enough the sides of the bag would ride on the plastic-Honda sells a bag with mounts for this bike

·
Registered
160 Posts
Alright..... here you go.... I wasn’t quite sure what you wanted. If you need more, let me know.

Quite a challenge to my coordination to hold the camera and the tape measure at the same time...... :) ....all dimensions are in US inches.....

[/url]

Reactions: shisoshin

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Alright..... here you go.... I wasn’t quite sure what you wanted. If you need more, let me know.

Quite a challenge to my coordination to hold the camera and the tape measure at the same time...... :) ....all dimensions are in US inches.....
Thank you soo much bud.

I don't think that tail bag would work well- the rear seat on the 300 is not high enough the sides of the bag would ride on the plastic-Honda sells a bag with mounts for this bike
I am aware of the honda bag, I don't think that one bag alone will fulfill my needs on longer trips and I don't like how I wouldnt be able to add another bag to use in conjunction with the honda bag. I could maybe get creative and find a way to use a net with it but that's about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
With the bike on the sidestand climb on using the footrest as a step. Lots of adventure bike riders do this due to the seat height of their bikes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts