·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool. Looks like you don't have to reach as far for the levers. and they are adjustable too?
Yep, 6 positions of adjustment. I've got small hands for a guy and I dont have an index finger on my right hand after an industrial accident so I tend to one-finger brake a lot. Ive got the clutch lever set in the closest position and the brake lever on number 3 position.

Reactions: Fanatic

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

·
Registered
18 Posts
I bought the same thing but for some reason the clutch does not fit well on mine. It gets stuck
any advice what I should do?
This was ringing bells for me so I trawled back through earlier posts I had with a member who put me onto those levers.
Read post #36 (page 4) of the thread below on how to modify the lever slightly to make it fit properly.

http://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/cb...rea/2362-new-member-brisbane-australia-4.html
Thank you so much for the link! I was able to install my levers. I haven't ridden my bike but when I tested it, it was working as it's supposed to! Thanks again :)

·
Registered
274 Posts
I've got small hands for a guy and I dont have an index finger on my right hand after an industrial accident so I tend to one-finger brake a lot.
I am sorry to respond to an old thread, but you gave a link to it and I HAVE to ask, in all seriousness: how do you shoot? Do you use a middle finger or you are lucky enough to be left handed? :)

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I am sorry to respond to an old thread, but you gave a link to it and I HAVE to ask, in all seriousness: how do you shoot? Do you use a middle finger or you are lucky enough to be left handed? :)
I use the next finger along for stuff like that now. It's surprising how the body retrains itself. Sometimes I drop things from having lesser grip but mostly no problems.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
You guys have a pass trigger on your left hand controls? Lucky!
We have a pass button on the LH side in the UK as well. Where are you from DripKit?

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I bought 2 cnc lever from China, works fine for the brake lever but doesn't seem to make any difference on the clutch side.
It's usually the brass bush insert that sits proud when fitted. Try using a file on the new lever and make sure it is flush with the rest of the lever where the bolt goes through. Also some silicone grease on the bolt and the flat bit will help it move freely.

·
Premium Member
5,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's usually the brass bush insert that sits proud when fitted. Try using a file on the new lever and make sure it is flush with the rest of the lever where the bolt goes through. Also some silicone grease on the bolt and the flat bit will help it move freely.
I think what he meant was that even with the adjustable clutch lever in position 1 (closest to the bar) it wasn't much closer than the OEM one. This is true with mine as well, but it is a good position for me all the same.
It's the front brake lever that I wanted to be able to adjust.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
I think what he meant was that even with the adjustable clutch lever in position 1 (closest to the bar) it wasn't much closer than the OEM one. This is true with mine as well, but it is a good position for me all the same.
It's the front brake lever that I wanted to be able to adjust.
Kiwi: Thought he mean't that the lever sticks when using it, appols.

Reactions: kiwi rider
1 - 20 of 33 Posts