Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
56 years riding. Started with a Honda 305 Superhawk and now back to a very similar CB300F ..with much nicer brakes, seat and suspension.
In process of adding a few farkles. Enjoying the light weight and lively handling.

Moved from Canada to Australia full time tho I've been riding both countries for 10 years. Well travelled with partner 500px

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
334 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. I'm another long time rider. After owning and riding a BMW R80RT for 34 years... it's amazing how good even the 'entry level' modern bikes are. Better suspension, brakes, lighting, everything. (y)

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks ....took a BMW310 for an afternoon demo ride and was impressed by ease of handling and keeping up with traffic. Seat was restrictive tho.
Then a stupid good deal came along on the CB300F and I jumped on it.
So far very impressed. Fits my narrow parking spot better. In the process of farkling.

Reactions: airhead83

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Welcome, nice looking bike, the white suits the 300F well. Have you done any riding in NZ?

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks - I liked my white Vstrom as well. Always a bit top heavy ( had 3 of them ) tho a fun bike in the twists when not loaded.

I tend to red but white is a close second. Just shopping a white helmet for visibility. No NZ riding ...have not even got there yet but plans afoot with partner for a couple or three weeks but don't want to get trapped with a lock down.

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
No NZ riding ...have not even got there yet but plans afoot with partner for a couple or three weeks but don't want to get trapped with a lock down.
Yeah good point, esp as Melbourne has just gone into lock down again... I'm hoping to get over your way in the spring for some rider training at the Cali Superbike School. If you get out to NZ there's a few places that do motorcycle rentals if you want to have some time on two wheels. I live in a tourist area and see the rentals all the time on their way through to Milford Sound.

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Excellent thanks. Good riding in the Cairns area as well.

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Pretty happy with the progress. Risers - 1" up and back, Puig windscreen, cupholder, Bark Busters, Air Hawk, Grip Buddies, Cramp Busters and throttle lock.

Using a rigid laptop case for carrying the 13" and an oversize tank bag. ( 20L-27L )
Still noodling a top case.

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Damn exhaust ate my jacket zipper....got it replaced with a metal one for $100...really would like a workable exhaust shield.

Thinking this might work
Exhaust Heat Shield Kit, , scaau_hi-res

·
Premium Member
5,439 Posts
Damn exhaust ate my jacket zipper....got it replaced with a metal one for $100...really would like a workable exhaust shield.

Thinking this might work
Exhaust Heat Shield Kit, , scaau_hi-res

Yeah that stock exhaust come boat anchor is known for getting really hot. I replaced mine with a carbon fibre jobbie made by Delkevic. You could brush your hand against it and not receive a third degree burn. Much more user friendly.

·
Registered
2015 CB300F
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I want to keep the catalytic system so a shield wiil work tho I like the look of the carbon fiber.....don't like the price tho and in some jurisdictions = a large fine for removing the converter.
Honda really should have addressed this.

Burgman 650 has a similar shape and an effective simple shield - it was not even metal. Just two stand offs and a piece of heat shield

That really is a safety issue on these CB300s ...anyone brushing against it with bare skin gets a severe burn ??? Surprised there is not a retrofit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts