Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well... I was out searching the bike for storage solutions and I noticed a deadspace around the rear taillight.

I was thinking about how I could make use of it, and went searching in the kitchen cupboards (much to my wife's dismay.... I've done this before......), and I came up with this

soooo.... I fit it in there and marked it right where the pillion seat rests are and cut it down. Then I made a notch for the pillion seat latch.

Then fitted it in.... I'm not sure what I'll use it for yet... probably extra keys and maybe USB port storage.... but its there, for whatever I need it for.

.....oh.... as an added bonus.... I put er on the dyno and this mod created 3 or 4 more horsepower...... :D

Brad

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
.....oh.... as an added bonus.... I put er on the dyno and this mod created 3 or 4 more horsepower...... :D

Brad
Maybe so but the added weight of that plastic compartment is clearly going to mess with your PTW ratio and in a real world riding situation away from the dyno room you are going to be mightily disappointed!
;)

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
even small scale problem solving involves countless neurones, resulting in enhanced neuronal [or 'brain'] plasticity.. brain 'likes' this, thus creating pleasure..
one underlying reality behind thinking of and creating solutions,,
eg; 'how can i make my motorcycle lighter, better..?'

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe so but the added weight of that plastic compartment is clearly going to mess with your PTW ratio and in a real world riding situation away from the dyno room you are going to be mightily disappointed!
/forum/images/CBR300Forum_2014/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
.....hmmmmmmm...... I’d better paint it red then........

·
Registered
242 Posts
.....hmmmmmmm...... I’d better paint it red then........
Bachelor. If you have read any of my posts, you'll know not to take me too seriously. And you can see how often I'm on this forum during the day, as if there's nothing else to do. I'm and older guy, retired. And much like yourself. I'm finding a smaller, more agile bike really to my liking. So, I'll say to both of us... "MAN! YOU REALLY HAVE TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON YOUR HANDS!". :laugh: But, I've enjoyed getting to know you through your posts over the last few weeks. And since this forum is as close to a social life as I have, I should probably make a note to myself to get out more often. Oh, one more thing. If your old eyes are as bad as mine, you may want to paint that thing-a-migig neon yellow, so's you can find it later.. if you can remember where you hid it. :)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bachelor. If you have read any of my posts, you'll know not to take me too seriously. And you can see how often I'm on this forum during the day, as if there's nothing else to do. I'm and older guy, retired. And much like yourself. I'm finding a smaller, more agile bike really to my liking. So, I'll say to both of us... "MAN! YOU REALLY HAVE TOO MUCH FREE TIME ON YOUR HANDS!". :laugh: But, I've enjoyed getting to know you through your posts over the last few weeks. And since this forum is as close to a social life as I have, I should probably make a note to myself to get out more often. Oh, one more thing. If your old eyes are as bad as mine, you may want to paint that thing-a-migig neon yellow, so's you can find it later.. if you can remember where you hid it. :)

I'm good airhead.... actually I say everything pretty much tongue in cheek also. I guess I need to use those smiley faced thingys more though.
Yeah... I'm retired too.... besides watching grandkids and mowing lawns, one of the things I'm trying to do is chase down every post office in Oklahoma on a motorcycle (609 of em). The first 47 I did on my CTX700... the last 11 on the CBR300. I try to get at least five every time out. It's getting about time to load the bike on the trailer though, because now every trip is at least 250 miles.

....and as for that cup, I was hesitant about putting it in there because I'm already wondering where I put stuff on the bike......adding another storage spot is going to make my life that much more complicated....... :D

Reactions: airhead83

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts