Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about getting a 300F next week. However, I noticed that the HP quoted in many threads is listed at 30.4 HP but I have yet to see a dyno chart on the web that go more than 26 -28 HP. What is the true tested HP of this bike

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I am thinking about getting a 300F next week. However, I noticed that the HP quoted in many threads is listed at 30.4 HP but I have yet to see a dyno chart on the web that go more than 26 -28 HP. What is the true tested HP of this bike
While + or - 4 HP makes a decent difference on paper, in real life ... don't let it trouble you, man. By the seat of my pants the 300F has about the same acceleration as my Toyota Corolla with 132 HP, and can go fast enough for you to end up in jail. What more is needed? It's a light and agile bike that is a blast to ride and can safely keep up with any real-life traffic on any North-American public road. That's what counts.

The HP figure gives you the top speed and the torque tells you how fast it will get to the top speed, so perhaps I could argue that anything over 26 HP is an overkill (considering that a light bike with 26 HP can go close to 100 mph). If we could get like 70 foot-pounds of torque from 2000 RPM with those 25 HP, it would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
I believe that 30.4 HP quoted is at the crankshaft (before losses through the drive train). Different dyno's (I do not think that they are all the same) yield different R.W.P. (Rear Wheel Horsepower) figures so some are reading 26 R.W.P. and others are reading 28 R.W.P.

Once again I could be totally incorrect.

Reactions: kiwi rider

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
You got me on that one..........:) (I should have known better.)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Caution: Don't think too hard, now...

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Caution: Don't think too hard, now...
You ride the bike and put it through it's paces: Acceleration, Handling, Stopping etc etc. If it does what you want why change it? Don't like it, why did you buy it in the first place?

Reactions: CDNHONDAR

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
You ride the bike and put it through it's paces: Acceleration, Handling, Stopping etc etc. If it does what you want why change it? Don't like it, why did you buy it in the first place?
Infatuation.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
1 - 8 of 8 Posts