Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know how to remove the tip-over sensor? Not looking for a safety talk here, just some info. Would it be the same as the 250, and if so how do you solve the flashing engine light issue?

·
Registered
256 Posts
Iirc the cbr300r tilt angle sensor is a 2 pin like the crf250l, possibly the same as a grom. the cbr250 has a 3 pin.

So you may find info on removal of those bikes that may help if you dont find any here.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put a piece of black electrical tape over the flashing gauge light. Works for me
I was thinking of that, but I was hoping there was a way to jump the pins so the bikes always sees the sensor as "OK", keeps the light working as normal and the sensor is removed completely (or just unplugged).

I found a schemetic of the wiring harness and I see where the BAS connects, but following it through the bike I can't find it physically. Is it tucked in behind the dash or squeezed between the headlight buckets? I'm having a hard time locating it. It's #13 .

·
Registered
66 Posts
When I almost dropped mine (2nd day - D'Oh!), the sensor didn't work anyway. I'm not sure how far you have to lean it, but I would have thought that scaping the barends and muffler would have killed the engine. I did get it up pretty quick so maybe there is a time delay?

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
When I almost dropped mine (2nd day - D'Oh!), the sensor didn't work anyway. I'm not sure how far you have to lean it, but I would have thought that scaping the barends and muffler would have killed the engine. I did get it up pretty quick so maybe there is a time delay?
If the muffler and peg were touching the ground it definitely should have shut off.

As far as the location I saw it when I was retro-fitting my headlights. It's stuffed up in there pretty good

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the muffler and peg were touching the ground it definitely should have shut off.

As far as the location I saw it when I was retro-fitting my headlights. It's stuffed up in there pretty good
Mine went off when it fell over, it just took a few seconds. When you saw the sensor, how would you access it? I'm thinking removing the dash would expose it but I cant figure out how to get it off.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Mine went off when it fell over, it just took a few seconds. When you saw the sensor, how would you access it? I'm thinking removing the dash would expose it but I cant figure out how to get it off.
Yup take off the dash. Gotta take off both side panels and then just the 4 bolts that hold the dash on and that's it

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
nothing new, but this has been raised before
and one resource on the idea of it, etc,
are cbr600r forums, where it seems
a very popular modification..

·
Registered
1 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts