Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To recognize Honda's efforts at making motorcycles more accessible to a broader market, we've put together this list of the 10 street-legal Honda motorcycles we believe offer remarkable value for the money. Turn the pages to find quick-takes on Motorcycle.com's reviews of each bike, including specifications and our real-world fuel-economy test results.

More: Top 10 Value-For-Money Hondas on Motorcycle.com

·
Registered
707 Posts
That list wouldn't be complete without a grom, got to love them, i plan on eventually getting one, not in much of a rush though.

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
That list wouldn't be complete without a grom, got to love them, i plan on eventually getting one, not in much of a rush though.
At $3199 MSRP (USD), the Grom isn't exactly a great "value for the money"... IMO for what it is (a glorified mini bike), it's rather expensive. And at the end of the day, you can't do the kind of riding on a Grom that you can with a full sized bike.

Consider this: For a mere $800 more, you can buy the new '15 Honda CB300F.

·
Registered
203 Posts
At $3199 MSRP (USD), the Grom isn't exactly a great "value for the money"... IMO for what it is (a glorified mini bike), it's rather expensive. And at the end of the day, you can't do the kind of riding on a Grom that you can with a full sized bike.

Consider this: For a mere $800 more, you can buy the new '15 Honda CB300F.
That's a fair opinion, but the Grom has proven to be super popular so a lot of people disagree with you. I think there is a bit of a novelty factor involved with it as well.

·
Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
No doubt the Grom is popular, but that doesn't automatically mean that it's a great, or even a good 'value for the money'. One look at the sheer numbers of 'mod' threads on the Grom forum website pretty much says that most Grom owners wouldn't know what 'value for the money' is if it sat in their lap and called them mama. As someone once said, "Money doesn't come with instructions".

And in terms of popular opinion, I'd be willing to bet that most of today's motorcyclists would not even consider the Grom to be a true motorcycle by definition... it's just too small to have any practicality. You certainly wouldn't want to attempt to ride one from coast to coast. I couldn't even imagine riding one for a 200+ mile day trip (something I've done frequently on my CBR250R).

·
Registered
162 Posts
The Grom isn't quite a motorcycle. It is more of a really really awesome toy. Perhaps its not cheap but I don't think its overpriced. I've heard from a lot of people that they are tons of fun so I just can't hate on them too much. Plenty of after market support too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts