Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well one year with the 300r. I sold her and picked up a cbr 650r.

I do a lot of highway riding and the extra power and weight make a big difference.

She was a good bike! Wish I could have kept both but I sold it for what I paid more or less.

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What can I say the 650 is an incredible machine. It’s scary fast, stable, smooth. Slipper clutch you can downshift to any gear at almost any speed. The extra weight makes it much more immune to wind / trucks at highway speed. The seat is comfortable, driving position, while more aggressive than the 300 is tolerable.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I eventually upgraded to a CBR650F. It's a great bike, but the upgrade bug bit me again, and I just picked up a 2022 Kawasaki Z900 SE. I've still got the 650F, though, so I suppose I still have a foot in the Honda world :)
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
I eventually upgraded to a CBR650F. It's a great bike, but the upgrade bug bit me again, and I just picked up a 2022 Kawasaki Z900 SE. I've still got the 650F, though, so I suppose I still have a foot in the Honda world :)
Seems you've developed a taste for horse power haha :giggle:
Nice looking bike.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice, beast! I considered one of those along with the mt 09 that the dealer had in the showroom. All 3 were priced similarly, went with the Cbr for the full fairings, hopefully a little better on the highway. Those big engines must be fun though!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Nice, beast! I considered one of those along with the mt 09 that the dealer had in the showroom. All 3 were priced similarly, went with the Cbr for the full fairings, hopefully a little better on the highway. Those big engines must be fun though!
Thanks! It's definitely a big step up in power from the 650F, which is a very quick bike in its own right. I do like the added wind protection on the 650; I'm a lot more exposed on the Z. But I really love this bike a lot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
38 Posts
For some time now, I’ve had this gnawing urge to take one of those 2012-18 KTM Duke 690s for a test ride. At a wet weight of 352 to 355 lbs, 73 Hp and 55 lb.ft of Torque, I am just terrified that I could find myself madly in love with two bikes at the same time... and that would be disastrous to my present monogamous relationship 🤣

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire

·
Super Moderator
5,708 Posts
A riding buddy of mine had one of those a few years back. I borrowed it for an overnight wkd ride once when I was between bikes.
The points that stick in my mind were the crazy tall seat height and the amount of wind you catch sitting bolt upright. Also the amount of engine vibes. I think they have tamed the newer model with an additional counter balancing shaft but man this thing shakes at revs.
Conclusion: Fun in the twisties but definitely not my cup of tea.

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Cloud

1 - 11 of 11 Posts