Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello CBR enthusiasts,
I've had my 2016 CB300F for a while now but wanted to share my photos with what I did with my favorite toy.
I got a deal on a bright yellow Shoei helmet and it inspired me to take apart the bike and paint the various pieces.
I then used reflective paint to decorate the helmet if you scroll down.
Here are some mods that are not obvious:

• Headlight strobes with a trigger button. I use this to get the attention of people who are thinking of pulling out in front of me or if I'm on the highway and they are
    encroaching onto my lane.
  • When brakes are on, the brake lights in the back alternate and strobe
  • I replaced all of the incandescent bulbs with LEDs.
  • I installed a beeper so that when I use my turn signals it beeps, that way I don't forget to reset the turn signal
  • The two lights on the side of the headlight turn red when I trigger the strobe effect on the headlight
  • The blue transformer emblem above the headlight will flash to the same tempo of the right signal lights
The paint job was done with Plasti-Dip and all the parts are stock except for the headlight. The color is Blaze yellow. There is a bit of a green tint to it, but it's still mostly yellow.

The main intent is to be seen so you're not going to get hit by people driving while distracted (on their phones!)

Thanks for looking.
IMG_20200719_222207.jpg
IMG_20200719_222217.jpg
IMG_20200719_222224.jpg
IMG_20200724_134546.jpg

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gotta say that bike looks magnificent. Nice work.
Thanks, it is definitely an evolutionary process. The good thing with plastic dip is that you can peel it off and start over if you ever get tired of the color.

·
Registered
2018 CB300F ABS
11 Posts
Really liking the color combination, as this would match my helmet and jacket. Question about the additional LED's, did you wire them in by making double bullet connectors? Or did you strip and solder in the wires.
Also, how's the plastidip holding up after all this time?
Great job!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts