Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For 2015 Triumph is prepping a new quarter liter Daytona. Smart move by Triumph, Kawasaki and Honda regularly clean up in the 1/4 segment.

Initial speculation has the Daytona 250 pegged with a 29 hp liquid cooled single. Rumors also have it that Triumph could be prepping a naked version of the Daytona 250, that or a "modern classic".

Bike looks ready to roll, don't know why we need to wait until 2015...

·
Registered
707 Posts
I'd actually love to see what a naked version looks, I just hope they do it right because i have a bit of a problem trying to imagine it a bit naked.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Its a good looking bike. Do we know anything about the pricing for the Triumph Daytona? I assume that it will be priced along the same lines of the CBR300.

Are they going to be making a naked version of the bike? Is that something that they do normally?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Its a good looking bike. Do we know anything about the pricing for the Triumph Daytona? I assume that it will be priced along the same lines of the CBR300.

Are they going to be making a naked version of the bike? Is that something that they do normally?
still no word on pricing, people are expecting it to be just over the price of the outgoing CBR250.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Would you rather see a modern classic style of the Daytona or a naked version?

I think that I'd prefer the naked version with this bike. The sporty design will translate better to the naked style IMO.

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
So is this triumph 250 going to be sold in the U.S.? Weird how they wouldn't jump in to the 300cc market.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So is this triumph 250 going to be sold in the U.S.? Weird how they wouldn't jump in to the 300cc market.
it might be because its lighter weight? I knwo most of the worlds graduated licencing system is based on P/W not simply displacement...

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I guess, that would cover that lower ranger where the moeny is at. I have noticed that lower displacement bikes really seem to sell a lot more than the higher ones like 600 or even 1000.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I guess, that would cover that lower ranger where the moeny is at. I have noticed that lower displacement bikes really seem to sell a lot more than the higher ones like 600 or even 1000.
yea for sure, from what I've noticed is that you see 250s alot as commuter bikes at the 600-1000s are typically toys.

Thats not every scenario but just what I've noticed from the bikes i see parked on the street in and around my office.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts