Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow farklers,

My husband and I have been riding for a year and half and are absolutley addicted! We are in the northeast and have been riding all winter as long as the roads permit. We have only done a few short trips and are looking to add many more adventures. To make my CB300f road and trip worthy, I added a bunch of accessories, and we gave it a couple of modifications to make it safer to ride.
Did I create the first CB300f sport/touring bike? :)

The first thing I did, was lower my bike because I am 5' with 27'' inseam. That was a huge help for just starting out. As my skills improve I will bring it back to normal height and try other bikes. For now this bike is perfect and fun to ride.Here is a list of accessories I added to my kick ass farkled CB300. I hope this helps any of you looking to create more functionality to your CB.

MRA Vario Touring Screen universal windshield
PIAA headlight
Denali D2 lights- makes a huge difference riding in the twisty dark roads of VT and in CT
Denali-mini sound bomb Makes a huge difference. If people can't see me, I'll get their attention with the bomb.:D
Hepco and Becker-C-Bow Street Soft bags and C-Bow carrier
Kriega-US 20 Daypack
Cortech-micro 2.0 tank bag

I purchased most of this on Revzilla, Denali lights and sound bomb on twisted
throttle, bags on Hepco and Becker site, headlight through local honda dealer.

Here's to farkling!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
WOW! Is that ever nice! I love those Denali D2 lights by the front fender..I may have to look into those. Well done!

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Hello fellow farklers,

My husband and I have been riding for a year and half and are absolutley addicted! We are in the northeast and have been riding all winter as long as the roads permit. We have only done a few short trips and are looking to add many more adventures. To make my CB300f road and trip worthy, I added a bunch of accessories, and we gave it a couple of modifications to make it safer to ride.

The first thing I did, was lower my bike because I am 5' with 27'' inseam. That was a huge help for just starting out. As my skills improve I will bring it back to normal height and try other bikes. For now this bike is perfect and fun to ride.Here is a list of accessories I added to my kick ass farkled CB300. I hope this helps any of you looking to create more functionality to your CB.

PIAA headlight
Denali D2 lights- makes a huge difference riding in the twisty dark roads of VT and in CT
Denali-mini sound bomb Makes a huge difference. If people can't see me, I'll get their attention with the bomb.:D
Kriega-US 20 Daypack

Here's to farkling!
Nice one Holly, shame we don't get the CB300F over here.

·
Premium Member
5,619 Posts
Nice work on the farkling! Just goes to show that you can tour comfortably on the CB/R300 if you wish.
A few mods and a bit of farkle helps set it up tho. :)

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
I have to say, that is one nicely set up 300F with those well chosen, practical accessories.

I don't see any "farkles" though... back in the day, we just referred to the practical items added to a bike as "accessories". In today's cliche internet jargon, the term farkles is an accurate description for cosmetic bling items which don't really do much of anything... colored rim tape, anodized colored parts to replace perfectly usable stock parts, etc.

Best one though is when some motorcycle owners refer to new tires as a "mod"... that one always cracks me up.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hello fellow farklers,

Did I create the first CB300f sport/touring bike?

PIAA headlight
Denali-mini sound bomb Makes a huge difference. If people can't see me, I'll get their attention with the bomb.

Kriega-US 20 Daypack

Here's to farkling!
Nice setup. It looks like we have same taste

Attachments

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Hello fellow farklers,

PIAA headlight
Kriega-US 20 Daypack

Here's to farkling!
Lookin good! So what option did you go with to lower your bike? It looks like you got the shorter seat?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can find out which lowering link the dealer used and what option they used if that is helpful to you. At the time of purchase it was the end of 2014 and it was a 2015 so there weren't any after market parts and I believe he found it in Asia. The dealer I purchased the bike from had a guy who was great at customizing seats. I believe they just shaved it down but I'm happy to find out if you are interested. For my size as a new rider it was very helpful to get the ball of my foot down. If you want more specifics let me know and I will ask the dealer I purchased it from.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
WOW! With that kind of answer..that is being very helpful for other members..you will fit very well right in our little piece of internet heaven.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi Holly. Bike looks great.
My wife’s bike might also be called a mini-tourer. It has a Madstad windshield (adapted from a BMW), top case (mounted over the seat since she doesn’t ride double and it moves the weight forward), 20mm bar risers, handguards adapted from a KLR and a set of soft saddlebags. She also uses an old tank bag of mine which is quite large but the F has a great tank for it. So she can really haul a lot when fully loaded. The Madstad is quite big but I’m amazed how the 300 handles it even in gusty side winds. We did a 2100km trip through NY state last summer and had no problems at all.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Holly,
Thanks for posting this. It covers several questions I have which, in turn, was why I joined the forum.
I use my 300F primarily for commuting. Not far, small island that I am on, but I can usually count on rain. How well do the panniers keep out the water? The bike would be sitting outside the office or the house, with a light cover. How drawn out is the process of dismounting the bags? Unclip, lift off, or do you have to pull Velcro, clips, pull straps, etc. just to get the bags off? I imagine you must use liner bags as a secondary proofing.
How involved was it to get the windscreen mounted? It looks good and I can see it helping to keep the rain off my visor.
Is that a Jones plug coming out of the front edge of the seat? Is that for heated vest/liner or for running electrics such as GPS, Smartphone, etc.?
Thanks again for the post,
Hunter
Alaska

·
Registered
31 Posts
Nice Setup, Like it all - Windscreen looks interesting Does it do a good job moving the wind away from your face? I like my Puig Naked New Generation Windscreen Honda CB300F 2015-2018 but it pretty much just blows the wind at my face.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I use TWO Puig Windshields on my 2017 CB300F short (useless alone)and Puig Touring 2 as the high one---both fit without cutting/filing etc----just lots of diddle time getting the Touring 2 adjusted/fitted and working......at the right angle/height....for me 20 and a half inches measure up from key. Result: set up right=quiet/no buffeting/ works for me with open face helmet/safety glasses and foam ear plugs. Just returned from 10 state trip in horrible weather.

IN ADDITION: have 10 inch homemade front mudflap---really works, took front mudflap that had been on my SilverWing and bolted to end of rear fender----keeps spray and chain spatter off license plate, etc. Found louder horn for $5.00----makes louder noise and works without relay. Cheap cruise control/foam over grips/$29 magnetic tank bag.Cycle Gear.

I do not add lights, etc. But did install plug- in(fused) for my Aerostich Electric Bib---The electrical system handles it for all day rides.

AND: of course to get any daily usefulness from bike have Hepco & Becker C-Bow bags and their rear luggage rack topped by $40 Bestem Box....with hole cut for dog's head. The German bags and rack perfect model specific fit

Bike's bad features=NO CENTERSTAND!! Drive line slop and quick on off throttle caused by fuel injection-----in the 90's I had (in Japan and later Korea) new GB-250 Clubman---actually far superior to CB300F----geared right, bigger frame, much smoother running, air cooled and very fast. These bikes were never sold in US.

·
Registered
22 Posts
New addition to touring CB300F

I have added louder horn that works without relay. Bolt on/plug in/no rubbing on front fender. Paid around $5

Rear mudflap---taken from my last Silverwing 600--catching mud, etc and chain spatter.

Deleted electric plug in for electric bib----plug in stuff just too much hassle on trips---hate to be wired to bike.

·
Registered
46 Posts
PIAA headlight
Kriega-US 20 Daypack
I really like the windshield...looks better and would seem to provide more protection than my puig version.

Where did you wire the lights to? The headlight switch? I would like some running/fog lights if for nothing else visibility at night.

I have done basically all the mods you have done--minus saddlebags--and it does make the 300F a decent mini tour-er. My one complaint is still the seat and seating position. I have about an hour of riding before I have to stop and rest my back and neck.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello fellow farklers,

PIAA headlight
Kriega-US 20 Daypack

Here's to farkling!
I'm looking for a high screen for touring. What screen is fitted to the white bike pls? Did you have to fabricate brackets to fit the MRA Vario screen ?
Thanx Ed

1 - 20 of 22 Posts