Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
That pin has been pulled :eek: congrats to the both of us!

Bike is still in storage in WI until the spring and its warm enough to ride her back. Only recently learned the '18 X's didn't have the four-pots. None of those left in inventory stateside.
@airhead83 -- Only differences are the cowl and seat (and extra trim piece along the side, and various small styling things -- e.g. black footpegs), clip-on bars (and the different brake fluid reservoir), and front preload adjustment. All 2019s get the four-pot brakes finally.

I'm seeing a few people on the forums replacing their X's clip-ons with standard bars and I'm like huh?? I'll have to see on a long ride, but the position with the clip-ons feels so great to me just sitting on it.

·
Registered
174 Posts

Bike is still in storage in WI until the spring and its warm enough to ride her back. Only recently learned the '18 X's didn't have the four-pots. None of those left in inventory stateside.

@airhead83 -- Only differences are the cowl and seat (and extra trim piece along the side, and various small styling things -- e.g. black footpegs), clip-on bars (and the different brake fluid reservoir), and front preload adjustment. All 2019s get the four-pot brakes finally.

I'm seeing a few people on the forums replacing their X's clip-ons with standard bars and I'm like huh?? I'll have to see on a long ride, but the position with the clip-ons feels so great to me just sitting on it.
Congrats, I also went back to your previous posts that gave reasons for the X over the standard model. Getting a new bike is always exciting. Plenty of time to get those orders in for the tail delete, etc. Winter's always the most expensive season for me. Too little time to comfortably ride.. Way too much time to browse for "upgrades/pretties". :devil:

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts

Good for you! You'll be looking forward to getting out there on it. look forward to a review in time.

I really wanted an X model as it would have saved me buying clip ons plus the top yoke would be flat and I'd forgotten about the X model only having pre load adjusters. I could have got a new '18 X model for the same money but it wouldn't have had the four pot brakes which was a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I would peel that off today if the local one here was that price! I'm going to go look at it this week and see what he's asking.

Just looked at the website. $7897 not including add on garbage. Little high me thinks.
Not quiet local, but in Hickory, NC.. not far away. Only slightly better than what you stated, but here's a 2019 SV650X "on sale". I've seen better prices on bikes out of Winston-Salem, but haven't followed up enough to see what the final price would be after, as you said, the garbage was added.
https://greatwesternofhickory.com/Showroom/Inventory/New/Suzuki/Motorcycles :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
For whatever reason this particular dealer was really motivated... (Watch I arrive and it's damaged from sitting on the showroom floor). They've come down to ~$5,500 advertised but far out on the West Coast.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts