Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
As I am now getting used to my bike and it has a bit more miles on it I am pushing it a bit harder but I find the stock tyres hard and twitchy which don't inspire confidence, I have them at 29psi and the rear shock at number 4, I weigh 104kg without gear on.
Is it worth trying the pressures at 26psi and setting pre load at 3?, I don't have sag as such as when I mount the bike the rear does not move or drop at all and always feels hard, I did my training and test on a new MT07 and on the first day riding could corner with no hesitation, on my CBR its making me choppy and insecure, any recommendations please or is it just trial and error. As I put most of my coin into the bike new tyres are not an option till next year :(
Thanks
Mark

·
Premium Member
5,454 Posts
Dropping your tyre pressures will increase your area of contact patch with the road and give you a bit more grip plus soften your ride slightly. Worth a try.

Regarding the rear pre load: Your bike should use up about 30% of its travel when you sit on it. The 300R has 103mm of rear travel so it should sag at least 30mm when you sit on it. Sounds like you may have it set a bit high. Normally the bike comes set on position 2 standard which sounds a bit light for a guy of your size, so 3 would probably be a better compromise. Just test a few variations and see what works for you.

The 300 is a light bike so it does chop and twitch around a bit more than a bigger bike like the MT07, that's just the way they are.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That did it nicely, No.3 setting on preload and tyres at 27psi, wouldnt have thought it would make that much of a difference but it has. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts