Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
earlier I have Problem in Ignition Switch, the problem was zener diode failer in my CBR 300 ignition switch so i bypass that by using 9v battery for some days then i use zener diode directly connected with the battery. and i run my bike around 3months without problem. now i cant able to start my CBR300r 2015 model. after switch on the key everything is normal (in speedometer ABS light is on, Engine is On then it Off like normal operation) then i press the engine start button it try to start but engine light willl on then i cant able to start. after i off and on the key then every thing is normal again if i start engine light will on i cant start my CBR. please help on this. what can i do now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just in case, did you check your spark plug visually. Also take it out and connect to a coil wire and touch the engine block with it or any other accessible ground, and see if there is a spark when you try to start it.
From your description it sounds like starter is trying to rotate the engine but it doesn’t catch? Do you stop by yourself or motorcycle stops cranking by itself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
229 Posts
Sorry, I'm going to sound really simple here. But come spring time, a "can't start" is the most common problem with motorcycles. And it's almost always, without fail, the BATTERY. Even if you had no problems when it was parked, even if you've had a "battery tender" on all winter, even if you think something else seems amiss... The battery is the easiest and least expensive place to begin your trouble-shooting. Until you know without a doubt the battery is good, including having a "load test" performed to see if it has a dead cell, (because a bad battery can still read 12V at rest), always assume it's the battery. And, yes, it could be something else. But my money and efforts always start with the battery.
OK.. Off My Soap Box.

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
Sorry, I'm going to sound really simple here. But come spring time, a "can't start" is the most common problem with motorcycles. And it's almost always, without fail, the BATTERY. Even if you had no problems when it was parked, even if you've had a "battery tender" on all winter, even if you think something else seems amiss... The battery is the easiest and least expensive place to begin your trouble-shooting. Until you know without a doubt the battery is good, including having a "load test" performed to see if it has a dead cell, (because a bad battery can still read 12V at rest), always assume it's the battery. And, yes, it could be something else. But my money and efforts always start with the battery.
OK.. Off My Soap Box.
Your bang on. My job involves servicing and maintaining a fleet of heavy vehicles and machinery. Any electrical issue we always start with the battery and sub it out for a known good one and then go from there. So often you hear people say oh but it's only X months old or it's been on a tender etc etc. Batteries are prone to all sorts of quirks and failures.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts